Server transfers and legacy

leepordgeko

Hey Bioware guess what, I DON'T CARE ABOUT HAVING TO CHANGE MY LEGACY NAME OR MY ACCOUNT NAMES IN ORDER TO TRANSFER, just let me transfer. Pretty sure most people at the end of the day are not worried about their legacy names, but more about the ghost town they play in.

IKR cool story,

Thanks

(one day they will understand what the community wants, or what i want)

I agree,

Just let us merge the legacy name to the same if we have characters already on that server or if the name is taken prompt us to change it!!

I just want my sith warrior on Dalborra so I feel like playing it again.

BioWare explained weeks ago how the character transfer would handle legacy. They've also said that character transfers, starting with the free transfers to the Aussie servers, would happen in late April, once Game Update 1.2 was bedded down. It's down to getting the systems working smoothly. The character copies that were done recently for guilds and others were testing out what they'd built.

The point is that they're not delaying anything because they can't decide on how to handle legacy transfer or whatever. It's on the home stretch.

I'm not sure whether I'll take advantage of the transfer; I'm pretty happy on my west coast server, though the incredibly low ping from Brisbane does make the Aussie servers kind of tempting... :)

Hey Bioware guess what, I DON'T CARE ABOUT HAVING TO CHANGE MY LEGACY NAME OR MY ACCOUNT NAMES IN ORDER TO TRANSFER, just let me transfer. Pretty sure most people at the end of the day are not worried about their legacy names, but more about the ghost town they play in.

IKR cool story,

Thanks

(one day they will understand what the community wants, or what i want)

Yeah I got pvped by a tumbleweed.

BioWare explained weeks ago how the character transfer would handle legacy. They've also said that character transfers, starting with the free transfers to the Aussie servers, would happen in late April, once Game Update 1.2 was bedded down. It's down to getting the systems working smoothly. The character copies that were done recently for guilds and others were testing out what they'd built.

The point is that they're not delaying anything because they can't decide on how to handle legacy transfer or whatever. It's on the home stretch.

I'm not sure whether I'll take advantage of the transfer; I'm pretty happy on my west coast server, though the incredibly low ping from Brisbane does make the Aussie servers kind of tempting... :)

Whats your source on this, all i'm finding on the topic of server transfer's is without any evidence.

Transfers is one of the things that, I imagine, they absolutely do NOT want to botch. Patience grasshopper and let them make sure they get it right. The alternative is to have the potential for a failed transfer that leaves you with a damaged character.

If bioware said it, it must be true.