Sleep Dart Nerfed

Trauglodyte

In case anyone hasn't noticed, they reduced the duration and resolve impact of Sleep Dart (and the Scapper's Tranq) to match that of the Assassin/Shadow stealth mez. No more Dart-Cap for us.

Eh, sort of Nerf. Sort of buff. Really depends on the situation.

Yeah, the fact that it doesn't fill the resolve bar any more is win.

I see this as a buff, not a nerf. In fact, this exact change has already directly impacted wins in two close warzones.

Now when you are capping a node or door in Civil War or Voidstar you can help delay someone trying to interrupt the cap by first sleep dart, which they will immediately pop their escape talent to try and interrupt your capper. Now you can use Debilitate or Flashbang (in any order)... They can't break it and boom - objective accomplished.

This comes in very handy in those close games.

Edited by HanfordBlows

I probably should have used the word "changed" instead of "nerfed". To me, though, the one benefit of the old Sleep Dart was the fact that you had 10s to work and that the resolve ended quickly meaning you could utilize your entire chain shortly there after. But, as people have said, we work around it cause this is better. And it didn't make any sense for ours to be different than the Sin/Shadow version.

it's a buff anyway, sleep dart them force them to use their cc break and flash bang them and you'll take the turret, was sleep dart 10 seconds before... i never new that ugh i could of solo caped so much more turrets :s Edited by AnEvilBus

Sleep dart has no cooldown correct? then why not apply it twice and save the flashbang for later?

I find it smoother to flashbang, dropping me out of stealth then capping. Clicking the node won't take you out of stealth.(You have to do it manually).

I find the added latency a bad thing when you are dealing with a millisecond window or so.

(Cap time is 8 seconds, flashbang/sleepdart time is 8 seconds. Every little helps)

You could of course do it that way.

As mentioned above it also allows us to stall spectacularly. One person or even two trying to cap in civil war can be delayed for days using vanish, sleep darts and flashbang correctly. Same as assasins have been able to do prior really.