The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Adrenaline Fueled v Reflexive Shield

xhalcyon

Hi Guys!

As the title suggests, I wanted to get your opinions on which of these 2 talents is a better choice.

Reflexive Shield (1/2)

When you take damage, you have a (50%/100%) chance to reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by (1.5/3) seconds. THis effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.

Adrenaline Fueled (1/2)

Critical Hits have a (50%/100%) chance to reduce the active cooldown of Reserve Powercell and Adrenaline Rush by (3/6) seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.

I've always been interested in Adrenaline Fueled as a talent as the 6s cooldown reduction every crit seems very powerful as there are quite a few crit boosting talents and assault usually has plasma cell and incendiary dots ticking on the target which can also crit?

Adrenaline Rush also synergises well if used after using a medpac that increases your total health as well as Soldiers Endurance in assault which I pickup 2 points in as a filler.

Reserve powercells is nothing amazing but having it on a short CD would encourage more frequent application of incendiary missile/mortar volley or make a stockstrike or ion pulse free.

On the other hand, reflexive shield requires you to take damage which I'm not really fond of but otherwise reduces the CD of our best defensive CD - reactive shield.

What are your guys thoughts?

My response is strictly speaking from a PvP point of view. I ran assault the majority of time since release (I recently went tactics).

Between the two I would and did choose Reflexive Shield in my 31 point assault builds. When it comes down to a 1v1 against a strong player or even a 1v2 where I really needed to win (such as stealing a side node in Civil War) my chances of winning were greatly increased if my shield cd was ready.

I couldn't say the same thing about Adrenaline Rush or Reserve Powercell. I do like Adrenaline Fueled, I just don't feel it is as powerful.

The last few weeks before I switched to tactics I was running a 2/6/33 spec where I grabbed both of them, so remember you don't necessarily have to choose between them. That was a fun spec. :D

Hmm reflexive shield sorta presumes you are in a bad situation (getting hit a lot) and provides a better defensive bonus as a result.

Adrenaline fueled probably rewards a more cautious style or where you burst down people before they can react and provides tools to increase burst (reserve powercell) as well as a bit of added survivability.

I think adrenaline fueled may be better for PVE and reflexive better for PVP?

In PvE hands down you want adrenaline fueled. Getting reserve power cell around twice as fast is a major boon since you can use it on both plasma grenade and incendiary round, both which apply powerful DoTs.

In PvP reactive shield is more important.