Warning - Don't Roll a Body Guard Healer

These guys were gutted in 1.2. Don't spend your time rolling this class. Not being inflamatory just stating the facts.

Hard to not be inflammatory when you state an inflammatory remark.

Maybe stating facts about heat changes, rotation changes or role changes might be less inflammatory and more helpful to the community.

Just a thought.

These guys were gutted in 1.2. Don't spend your time rolling this class. Not being inflamatory just stating the facts.

Insightful.

I wonder why my buddy said after getting use to the 1.2 changes Merc is still a good healer class. I'd have to agree with him as he kept my butt standing through several, should have been death situations.

I wonder why my buddy said after getting use to the 1.2 changes Merc is still a good healer class. I'd have to agree with him as he kept my butt standing through several, should have been death situations.

It is certainly still a good healer class, and most of the problem is stemming from a change to critical efficiency. That change alone totally altered the play style and effective role of the class.

In healing intensive single target situations, bodyguard used to be the easy choice. Now it's not so clear.

It is certainly still a good healer class, and most of the problem is stemming from a change to critical efficiency. That change alone totally altered the play style and effective role of the class.

In healing intensive single target situations, bodyguard used to be the easy choice. Now it's not so clear.

I can understand that. Perhaps that was the intent? To make the distinction between healers not so different. From my understanding, the BG AoE heal got a bit of a boost didn't it?

I can understand that. Perhaps that was the intent? To make the distinction between healers not so different. From my understanding, the BG AoE heal got a bit of a boost didn't it?
I don't think so. If that was the intent they would have nerfed Sorc AOE. And yes our AOE got a 33% boost, though its not so easy to capitalize on.

Pre patch:

AOE SORC>>>Merc>Op

Tank Merc>>>Op>Sorc

General Sorc>>Merc>Op

Now:

AOE Sorc>>Merc=Op

Tank Op>Sor>Merc

General Sorc>Op>=Merc