Bad Business

DeathByClown

i wanna start off by saying that i loved 1.2 for the night i played it. all the new content was great (except consular armor...its ugly yet again...but thats another issue)

Lets first look at the reasoning behind 1.2.

By releasing a LARGE amount of content at once it makes the company look good;raises stocks,increases subscriptions,brings back old players that have since dropped the game... noticeable by the doubling of my servers population over night (still not that much, but the server went from light to standard which almost never happens)

ups and downs

The downside is a lot of room for error. releasing a patch of this size with so much content and changes is an incredible gamble. On one side of the coin it could be an instant success with only minor fixes that affect the players in a very small amount. On the other side, there could be monumental errors and mistakes in judgement that will forever be burned in the minds of the players (especially those of the younger generation who arent willing to look past these things.)

things i would do

first of all i would have released the flashpoint, operation, wz, and legacy upgrade all in separate patches. this allows players to give more feedback into the issues of each so they can be hotfixed faster.

i also would have made the class balancing patch BEFORE everything else. Give players time to get used to the Nerfs/buffs and talent tree realignments so they wouldnt QQ so much when entering the harder content of explosive conflict and lost island.i also wouldnt have nerfed noble sacrifice but that is personal bias being a sage healer lol.

and finally...

i would like to apologize to bioware for the immature players ranting in the other threads. they dont know its not your fault. They don't have a money grubbing whore breathing down there neck *COUGH* Electronic Arts *COUGH* everyone knows that EA cares more about the quantity of games/content released by their developers than the quality. ;)

Edited by DeathByClown