New Sent LF advice on Combat spec in 1.2

Macwulf

All 3 specs are viable in the right hands. I prefer combat personally cause I like the play style. Watchman has DOT's and more self heals, so it does help survivability. Focus to me looks more of a PVP tree to me, but I've seen plenty of posts and guildies that have enjoyed it.

Honestly, that early in levels I think WM will be better. The heals will help u a lot. Combat IS a great tree but if u look, it takes points to get what it needs to feel it shine and give u great DPS. WM starts very early comparatively WITH the survivability. Esp now with Valor in first tier. However once u reach mid 30s to early 40s where Combat can be really good. (Not to say it's bad at your current level at all) but WM will garner the better tools earlier. Edited by ErisktheRed

Honestly, that early in levels I think WM will be better. The heals will help u a lot. Combat IS a great tree but if u look, it takes points to get what it needs to feel it shine and give u great DPS. WM starts very early comparatively WITH the survivability. Esp now with Valor in first tier. However once u reach mid 30s to early 40s where Combat can be really good. (Not to say it's bad at your current level at all) but WM will garner the better tools earlier.

Deff, even focus had better starting talents then combat. When you get ataru form, thats when I really start to enjoy it, but from 10 to 20 is a bit boring because everything is passive.