A little leeway goes a long way..... MMO Patches are no easy Task.

Honvik

Sadly I've been reading the massive venting by people over 1.2 with features pulled (ranked Warzones) and todays patched which has basically messed up the whole game.

What is curious is that people are quick to go crazy over situations that occur that are generally not something that goes to plan. I highly doubt Bioware intended to ruin a whole days gameplay for us today, nor did they want to pull certain features. As a community I guess we can rage on it or we can just give a little time to fix things so it is working as intended. We need to remember this is Biowares first MMO (excluding Warhammer Online) where they have been in the driving seat. I have seen many MMO's before having to re-roll to an older patch due to unforseen issues on live, I've seen it where data has got currupted with a downtime of a day. The key thing is those MMO's learnt from that and future builds improved.

1.2 Is a huge patch (almost 1gb in size) contain a lot of tweaks, changes, fixes etc that has a good chance something may go a bit wrong.

The only thing I really expect is in future Bioware communities to the community earlier i.e ranked warzones being pulled.

Work on a way to improved PTS on a wider scale (copy level 50's) or invite certain people to test future content (a few MMO's do that as a 'special testing program' to help test future content and find bugs i.e closed test).

Still 1.2 for what I saw wasnt a bad update and hopefully Bioware will continue to keep on top of things going foward. End of the day I cannot code, but I can see how its a lot harder then people make out to be!.

Cheers

Hello all,

We understand that not everyone gets along, or agrees with each other, but we ask that topics be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community itself. We are going to close this thread, but please do feel free to join in on discussions about specific game-related topics.