Force Sweep/Cyclone Slash No Longer Viable? (Non-Focus)

SteveGarbage

Obviously Force Sweep is still integral to Focus.

But for Watchman/Combat, the changes to Swelling Winds have pretty much taken Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash completely out of the mix for me.

Before when both cost a one focus, I would use Sweep to deal with weak mobs just to help me clear them faster. But without the focus reduction, I can't see myself as a Watchman dishing out the focus for either of them.

Thoughts? Are any of you Watchman/Combat folks moving them out of more frequent use or what?

Yea really not using either - focus on your single target IMO as we are pretty much designed as single target dps at this point. Its just a waste of focus IMO - especially as WM. I would keep it on your bar or bound for when multi people are caping a node or something and you dont have time to tab through them all.

There have been to many times i have blinded someone only to have a scrub sent come over and smash face to keyboard breaking all CC. /sadface

For PVE i guess clearing weak mobs if really all up to you. Anything that wont be dieing in a few aoe rotations i would stick to single target, but that's just my opinion.

I use them much more sparingly now, and could see myself removing them altogether as a Watchman. The main reason I liked sweep before is it was almost a free aoe taunt for trash mobs when leveling, which meant they wouldn't run after Doc, which means I could kill them faster (damage was just kind of a bonus for me).

Now it doesn't make sense to use it unless you have some 5-6 focus and ZS is at or nearing being off CD.

I've been playing watchman since almost launch and have alternated to Focus and I have to say that even if it does cost points now I did not even notice it last night when PvP'ing. The only i always used it for when peeps where capping as an interupt. I may try Focus build tonight and will know if it bugs me.