The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault dps post 1.2

Zunamii

what do you people think about assault dps in 1.2? I've tested both tactics and assault. found quick out assault are still on the top of dps, even with nerfed spike dmg.

and overall with the new pve/pvp armor for dps will vanguard be more useful in ops/wz/fp? :cool:

I wanted to make a thread to see what assault vanguards feel about our dps in 1.2 feels like in general :rolleyes:

I removed some of my BM Crit+Accuracy enhancements and replaced them with Power+Accuracy from other BM pieces.

I'm not sure I mind all the accuracy, HIB gets deflected at a markedly lower rate than pre 1.2. My crit multiplier did slip down to 70% from 75%, but I think having more expertise will carry more weight due to the incoming damage reduction.

I suspect it was due to a lot of returning players but I was seeing bigger numbers last night than in the days before the patch.

The burst rotation is slightly different. There were some sound issues preventing me from listening for the audio queue of the HIB proc. But I think the idea now is to hold the proc for 2-3 GCDs, filling the gaps with Plastique, Full Auto, and Hammer Shots.

The lack of delay on mortar volley is nice too.

Edited by Hethroin