The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard assualt pvp war hero gear help!

gruntbuddy

Hey guys, currently right now I use the eliminator champion set and I am a Vanguard Assault spec. But I was wondering if I should go tech instead of eliminator for the war hero set. if so then why? Right now with eliminator I use high impact bolt more then stockstrick and I love the crits. But someone told me eliminator is for commando dps but then someone else told me its for both vanguard and commando. I don't know who to believe! Should i just stick with eliminator? thank you

Hey there m8, Im not really sure about the names as I cant log in and im bit busy at work :) So I'll talk about the bonus you get from the gear.

I have a fully BM assault specced Vanguard and I got the 15% crit bonus for High Impact Bolt. When you stick with the assault tree its the best bonus because High Impact Bolt is just awesome and our hardest hitting ability

Only because of the 2-pc bonus do people say that eliminator is the commando set. The combat set would be more viable if you were say and ironfist spec, but as assault you are doing just fine in eliminator set. The spec revolves around railshots. Less now than before but its still your primary source of dmg over stockstrike.