The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP spec/gear

Crixaliss

So with 1.2 arrived, the question arises - should I be looking at AP, pyro, or some sort of hybrid, to be a solid pvp dpser... and what gear should go with that - eliminator/combat tech?

I'm used to doing one of those tank hybrid specs (iron fist mostly), but I've always ended up feeling ineffective at dps and still not very survivable, so perhaps full dps is the way to go. Unless you can perhaps convince me otherwise about the tanking ones, and in which case... combat tech or supercommando?

Speaking pre 1.2, I tried many specs. I started out full ST, spent a long while in IF (which is a lot of fun, esp. in huttball), but ended up with a full Pyro (TD) spec.

As the full pyro, you're extremely squishy, but should be dominating the DPS chart to a large degree. Overall, with a random WZ, I'm very sure Pyro is the biggest contributor. I don't think 1.2 has changed this. AP might be fun and more viable, but I doubt it's knocked Pyro off the top spot. I need to test that, obviuosly.

Some people go 8/8/25 without TD; it's a close call. Personally I feel TD removes some of the the RNG from a fight, and ups your max range dps considerably.