1.2 sorce build, 0/24/17, suggestions please

Theboatman

I do not have a SI to 50 yet, so please be honest and tear this build apart as best you can. I'm only Level 39 at the moment on my SI, but a lot of it has been pvp with friends.

This is the rough draft... 24/17

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbcdrdRMhzZcMcRszz.1

I'll go by my thoughts for each talent, please correct me as needed.

The theory is, you approach, affliction -> force lightning (double dip on barrage procs) -> wrath lightning strikes -> instant chain lightnings when available.

Is this viable at all? Pro's? Con's? Some interesting points...

Lightning effusion: Helps with Force management, plus, 10 seconds off force speed, which is HUGE for EVERY WARZONE, position is our main defense, right place right time = win

Suppresion: Lower cooldown on whirlwind, which with this spec is instant cast with a 2 second stun, but also increases the lockout of our interupt by 2 seconds. It may not seem like much, but locking out an ability during a casters rotation for that long really throws them for a loop. Also if you hit them during their cooldowns (relics/adrenals/etc) you can ruin a critical moment for em'.

Electric binds: Awesome for pvp.

Some talents I'm "mehish" on are...

Polarity shift: how useful is it? never had it. I'd pop polarity shift+that one 2 crit ability cd we have+adrenal+relic and see what happens.

Forked Lightning: I was debating between forced lightning and haunted dreams. Instant cast cc/stun is beautiful though. 10% chance at 30% damage didn't really seem worth it but could be wrong. It boost our instant lightning strikes and chain lightnings though.

Well, what do you think? Please explain your ideas/thoughts as well. Trying to figure out a good build and understand the new 1.2 sorcerer.

Unfortunately, due to just how crappy Lightning Strike's damage is, this build is a significant dps loss over 1/12/28 (which just effectively ignores Wrath, using it only on Crushing Darkness every 15 seconds). Wrath LS just flat isn't worth the global it takes to cast it.

Variants of the spec can occasionally crop up in PvP, but for the most part, it's just not a spec worthy of use.