best mara levelling spec post 1.2

Mrgorgun

this is what id recommend and where i am going when i get 3 more lvls

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZhGdRRr0dZM.1

youre missing towering rage which is the cornerstone of carnage. 100% armor pen + insta crit force scream = awesome

Edited by Cegenaus

Yeah... The build Pondarro linked makes no sense. Towering Rage is kind of the centerpiece of Carnage. Any build that skips it is missing the point.

IMO, if I was starting a Marauder right now, I'd bounce through the specs a bit as a I went, as they pick up their core abilities at different points. I'd start as Anni because it gets core abilities first, then at like 26-28 I'd go to Rage (once you can get at least some points in Dominance and Shockwave) though at 30 both Rage and Carnage hit their stride and either would be good. Everything hits on full cylinders at 40 so it becomes whatever you'd choose.

Personally I like Rage over Anni for leveling, though both plus Carnage are competent at it. Anni certainly wins if you're going against a single Elite, but Rage's burst is quicker to bring out (make sure you save a Strong for last in each group and get some Force Choke ticks on it before it dies. Next group won't know what hit it) and in my experience when leveling you spend a LOT more time killing normal/strong packs than Elites. A fully prepped Smash isn't very hard to line up and it brings a lot of pain to a group of regular mobs. Sure, you'd be able to kill them just fine as Anni or Carnage, but they'll die a lot faster to those big Rage Smashes.