Character Server Transfers *VERY IMPORTANT*

whitebetty

I know this has been asked a thousand times before, I even have asked before. I tried using search to find more articles on this but didnt find much.

What I want to know is are we ever going to get an official answer from a DEV or anyone that works for SWTOR on whether this will ever happen and when? This is a big issue to me, because I have lvled 2 characters to 50 and then realized that my server was a west coast server(im on the east coast) and also i joined a server that was just a regular server(may not be correct terminology) when i really wnated to be part of a RP/PVP server, which when the game started i was so excited to get started I didnt take the time to look into all this. I realize this is my fault but I think we desere the chance to fix our istakes especially if we pay for it. I know i dont care, and im pretty sure most everyone else would agree, whether I have to pay for this feature. We just want the option.

This is not going to radically change or have a huge effect on the game, especially if your charging money for people to do it. I am fixed and nestled into a server I love now and would like to have the oppurtunity to fix my mistake I made, like many others, when starting the game by choosing the wrong type of server.

And id also like to hear a response from someone who works for SWTOR on this issue, it is gaining more and more support and is honestly really aggravating to at least not hae an snwer on plans for this. I dont care what changes would have to be made to your character, besides lvl loss, in order for a server change. I just want to have all my characters that i spent hundreds of hours working on together, especially with the new legacy family system coming tomorrow.

If i can get an reasonable non automated response on this issue I would be the happiest cat in the world. And if i dont get a response, which seems to be the case regardign this issue do any community members have any ideas on how I or we as a community can reach out to DEVs to get out message out there about how important this is to us. We are paying customers and I think we at least deserve a response or a new response on whats being done about this if anything at all. Only reason i say new response is because i somewhat remember somewhere in the bck of my brain a DEV say they were considering this or something along those lines but ive heard nothing more than that since then.

Please im begging workers/DEVs of SWTOR to respond to us customers regarding this issue. let me reitterate that I am BEGGING you, this has huge meaning to me and alot of others in the community and we just want some feedback. Thank you(if you do respond) if you dont respond you can count that I will continue to bring this issue up more and more frequently or do whatever it takes to to get an answer.

Sincerely,

My 3 lvl 50 characters

Dodo of the namida server

Jetti'kad of Jung ma (my home server now)

Oppress of Jung ma ( but on a different account, which id liek to be able to swithc to one account because for some reason i thought it would be smart to have 2 accounts so i could use 2 computers to help lvl alt characters using 2 computers but it didnt really work that well for me)

And all my other alts i have on these accounts that I am stuck doing nothing with because i dont know whether there is a point to making because i have 2 accounts and 3 lvl 50s spread out all across the galaxy.

As

The official answer from Pax is that it is a priority, and that the tech has to be made for the server transfers for the Oceanic players [who had US accounts] by the end of the month. We should be seeing it soon, and if I had to haphazard a guess, it'll be in 1.3.

Just to show im not lying on my mistake on making 2 accounts here is my other account.

We just want a response, and i dont care if it were $40 dollars to have a server change, eentually id save my money up to be able to get all my characters together and part of one family.

If anything DEVs think of the money to be made here, that could be used to develop new things for the game or for whateer, i dont care. I just want all my characters to be together, especially with this new family system, it would make everything about this game feel complete to me.

I love this game and there isnt rellyy anything i can say that i would change thats as important as this becuse I love this game and want to continue to loving it but its becoming more and more frustrating to have no asnwers and have these characters spread out like this, and once more ill say I know this is my fault for this happening but im willing to pay or do whatever i can to fix it. Even if that means calling SWTOR customer service everday to ask for a response or whatever else I can come up with.

This is not meant to be offensive in anyway as well I am just very passionate about this getting done, and again like I said I love SWTOR more than any other MMO ive played and want my experieince to be the best it can be.

The official answer from Pax is that it is a priority, and that the tech has to be made for the server transfers for the Oceanic players [who had US accounts] by the end of the month. We should be seeing it soon, and if I had to haphazard a guess, it'll be in 1.3.

Ok well thats somewhat good news but again id like to see someone who works for SWTOR respond or make an announcemnet on this, because im just going off what you as a player is saying. I havent seen what you said has been said by the DEVs, could you send ema link to where this has been said before?

Edited by ChinamanAthena

Id also like to state that cross account server transfer i can understand may be a problem, for one it probably is more difficult to do and two it might seem like yall would be losing moeny because you would be losing an account, even though you would be makin money from charging the service( You could charge more for croos account server transfers). Which i can understand and wouldnt even mind if that was said because I really would like to have 2 sets of families anyways. I have this great idea ( to me at least) for my character Oppress with the new family legacy of making a whole RP family line based off the darth Maul and his brother Oppress, based off the clone war tv show. And want to have an all zabrak family, maybe a human mixed in somewhere but thats not important really regarding my questions, but just wanted to say if cross account sever transfer were not ever available it wouldnt ruin me id just continue to run 2 accounts in order to do this because I love this game and where it is headed.

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate your interest in talking about server transfers but in the interest of consolidating conversations we are going to close this thread as there is already an active thread about it here. We suggest continuing your discussion there.

Thank you!