Better changes to Mercs (just an opinion)

Swaggz

The more I thought about the changes to Arsenal/Gunnery, the more I thought “wow, they really did take the lazy way out.” Not only did not get us away from TM/Grav Round spam but they decided to nerf our defenses as well. Decided to spend a few minutes looking at the talent tree and figured I’d list a few changes that they could’ve made that would’ve got us away from the QQ of TM/Grav Round spam. Again, this is just an opinion, but constructive feedback would be nice although I will take some QQ, rage, and opinions from people who don’t know the class since I can always use a laugh.

1. Tracer Missile: Keep this as a talented ability, but make 2 changes to it.

a. Make it an instant cast with a 10s CD

b. Take away the Heat Signature ability

2. Light’Em Up: Make a minor change to “Tracer Missile applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating of the target by 20% for 15s Heat Signature leaves the target vulnerable to Rail Shot”

3. Tracer Lock:

a.Rename (to whatever sound good for a Power Shot buff)

b.Change from Tracer Missile grants Tracer Lock… to Power Shot grants (insert name)…

4. Terminal Velocity: Add Power Shot to this talent so that Power Shot will also vent heat on top of Missiles and Unload.

5. Heatseeker Missiles: Change the 5% per stack to 25% damage increase from Heat Signature due to Heat Signature being a 1 stack buff. Could also revert the 10% increased damage from 1.2.

Now these 5 changes would’ve gotten us away from TM/Grav Round spam. Yes, Power Shot would become our new spammable ability, but unlike TM/Grav Round, Power Shot is considered a Range ability which means it can be Dodged/Parried. This way you wouldn’t have to nerf TM/Grav Round by 10%, although you could probably get away with the 1.2 Power Shot/Muzzle Fluting changes and still be pretty viable.

As for the added 5s to Jet Boost, Power Barrier nerf, and the radius change to DfA well…I have no idea what BW was thinking on that…

**OH…one other thing. Lower the Heat cost on Missile Blast to 16 from 25 would be a bonus. 25 Heat for an ability that hits less than Rapid Shots is a bit much imo…