Swiftsure , Free Transfers OFF NEEDED!

Malformationz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They might wait 3 hours if their guild or friends are already well established on the server. Just sayinnn.

I'm not attempting to provide a psycho-analysis of the intentions of every player joining swiftsure. Obviously, there are going to be exceptions.

I have to agree. Transfers need to be in place. These queue times for one server is crazy! I played a lot of MMO's and beta tested many as well and 3hrs is wwwwaaayyyyy to long to make people wait. I planned on leveling up my character over the holidays since I"ll have time to do so, but now I'm worried that won't be the case :mad:

PLEASE fix this, my internet cut out three times today for a total of 7 hours wasted in queue. This is rediculous! I am really enjoying the game but the queue is rediculous, I don't care if we could transfer off this server I just want to play with my friends :(

They could easily get people to join low pop servers with free xfers.

Firstly, you're suggesting copying user account data across servers so that people have levelled a character for X amount of hours. Only to than have 3 characters with the same gear all on different servers?

1. This is stupid

2. People would just transfer characters across servers and than have extra gear etc etc

3. The amount of effort that would take to copy that data of a whole server (to 3 clone servers, a lot.

By no means, 'they could easily'.

And secondly.....

Never mind i'm not going to bother the effort to explain.

- Server name confusion

- Discourages a healthy server

- There are alternative servers out there, just re-roll

- BioWare has alot bigger things to worry about

Just simply a stupid idea (no offence)

I have to agree. Transfers need to be in place. These queue times for one server is crazy! I played a lot of MMO's and beta tested many as well and 3hrs is wwwwaaayyyyy to long to make people wait. I planned on leveling up my character over the holidays since I"ll have time to do so, but now I'm worried that won't be the case :mad:

This is early access, you're wasting way too much time into worrying about something that will be gone in a few weeks.

Long queues, discourage more people from joining the server. This is a good thing!

If it is really that intolerable (I'm in queue now), go to a different server. I'm sorry, but this is the only alternative right now.

Firstly, you're suggesting copying user account data across servers so that people have levelled a character for X amount of hours. Only to than have 3 characters with the same gear all on different servers?

1. This is stupid

2. People would just transfer characters across servers and than have extra gear etc etc

3. The amount of effort that would take to copy that data of a whole server (to 3 clone servers, a lot.

And secondly.....

- Server name confusion

What are you talking about? I'm saying that they allow people to move the character they made on swiftsure ONCE to another server. aka they have the same single character on a different server. That means they have one character, you clearly misunderstood. There is no copying involved I was not the person who posted that ridiculous idea. Transfer is not copy.

Edited by Tankxor

PLEASE fix this, my internet cut out three times today for a total of 7 hours wasted in queue. This is rediculous! I am really enjoying the game but the queue is rediculous, I don't care if we could transfer off this server I just want to play with my friends :(

This is what BioWare would say:

"We have provided alternative servers, that have not reached population limit, please refer to our server list"

Just get your friends to re-roll with you?

1. This is stupid

And secondly.....

- Server name confusion

Offence was taken! All I am asking for is for my guild to be on another server will all our characters and we'll be sitting pretty and I'm pretty sure 75% of The Swiftsure is behind me on this one !

This is what BioWare would say:

"We have provided alternative servers, that have not reached population limit, please refer to our server list"

Just get your friends to re-roll with you?

Some of my friends are already level 30+ do you think they want to reroll?

Offence was taken! All I am asking for is for my guild to be on another server will all our characters and we'll be sitting pretty and I'm pretty sure 75% of The Swiftsure is behind me on this one !

Offence was taken here as well because you misunderstood completely what we are asking for. It is not a stupid idea and people would not have some "stupid" advantage because of it.

Was making my point to the original comment of (in which you replied)

Yes, I replied to your first comment because you said they are attempting to get people play on low pop servers through the server queues, which is true. I simply replied stating that they could easily do this while reducing the server ques (somewhat) by allowing free server xfers. This would also please people who are high level on this overpopulated server and would like to get off of it.

Edited by Tankxor

Early access has been out for a few days lol.

The last thing Bioware would worry about is free character transfers across servers.

The idea of a character transfer is not a stupid idea. The idea of having clone servers, is a stupid idea. You misunderstood this difference.

There is two solutions currently:

1. Avoid the queue's on another server

2. Wait in the queue on this server

The choice is yours. I don't understand why you keep complaining for character transfers like it's going to fix the problem.

Bioware has a solution in play already (other servers). Go join them

The last thing Bioware would worry about is free character transfers across servers.

The idea of a character transfer is not a stupid idea. The idea of having clone servers, is a stupid idea. You misunderstood this difference.

The choice is yours. I don't understand why you keep complaining for character transfers like it's going to fix the problem.

And waste 2 days of my life just like that do you have any idea of time or do you just sit at your computer all day?!

Yes, I replied to your first comment because you said they are attempting to get people play on low pop servers through the server queues, which is true. I simply replied stating that they could easily do this while reducing the server ques (somewhat) by allowing free server xfers. This would also please people who are high level on this overpopulated server and would like to get off of it.

The server is not overpopulated. It is just currently capped to discourage other players to join it. Think of it as a 'temporary' server lock. That if you wait long enough magically opens.

If you really want to play on the server, just wait.

If it's intolerable, than try another server.

I'm never said it would fix the problem, I am simply stating my anger toward the issue of queues on this forum And offering the amazing idea of server transfers.

PS I was never the person who gave the idea of clone servers go read back, kthxbai.

And waste 2 days of my life just like that do you have any idea of time or do you just sit at your computer all day?!

Clearly rhetorical...

And clearly ironic (level30+) lol.

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve with your posts. A solution for the queue times is already available.

I'm never said it would fix the problem, I am simply stating my anger toward the issue of queues on this forum And offering the amazing idea of server transfers.

PS I was never the person who gave the idea of clone servers go read back, kthxbai.

i realise this

Clearly rhetorical...

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve with your posts. A solution for the queue times is already available.

They are available, but they do not please me.

Edited by Tankxor

Clearly rhetorical...

Just because a solution is available doesn't mean it supports what the community is trying to get across. I may sound ignorant, I don't believe I am. Not saying that there isn't a solution to the problem, however it is insane to have the only solution as reroll a character that has already had many many hours logged into it.

just because a solution is available doesn't mean it supports what the community is trying to get across. I may sound ignorant, i don't believe i am. Not saying that there isn't a solution to the problem, however it is insane to have the only solution as reroll a character that has already had many many hours logged into it.

amen!