The 501st

Malles

Couple questions I've got about the 501st Legion.

1. How did the unit as a whole feel about Anakin's transition to Darth Vader? They served under him since the Clone Wars, so I can't imagine that just went over their heads, even as professional soldiers. I know from Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and the way Cody turned around and attacked Obi-Wan about how they felt about attacking the Jedi Temple, but the narrator wasn't very specific about "the new Lord Vader".

2. Was Rex still around for that Jedi Temple mission? After watching the Clone Wars cartoon I like the think he's the clone narrator for the BF2 storyline.

1. I think that majority clones believed that Jedi were traitors who tried to kill Chancellor. Especially 501st - in The Clone Wars they see Krell's treason on Umbara. Despite this, I think that 501st wouldn't care about Skywalker's new name - according to them he was the only Jedi still loyal to the Republic. And there is also a matter of how Jedi treated clones during war: every Jedi (excluding Anakin Skywalker) treat them as things, they don't care if clones died, for example when in ROTS Anakin want to fly to help Oddball Kenobi says "no, they do their job so we can do ours". Skywalker always helps his clones, even if this was to put in risk his mission so Anakin was propably the only one who wouldn't be shot by his own troopers.

2. In The Clone Wars Rex is commander of 501st, when they pacify the Jedi Temple the commander's name is Appo. So Rex was killed, degraded, missing in action or he is deserter.