Trade Network EXTREMELY user unfriendly

salvadorellama

Just one example...

I'd like to be able to type in the name of what I'm looking for (example, desh) without having to go through 3 dropdown menus to do it.

That's just ONE of the many things that makes it user unfriendly.

Edit: and to whoever it was that mentioned the WoW AH...you can hate wow (like I do) all day, but in the end you have to admit that the AH they have is extremely well designed. TOR could learn something there.

Edited by salvadorellama

My biggest complaint is that after I jump through hoops to actually search for an item my companion returns from a mission which closes the GTN window and I have to search all over.

Also the level range filter does not work.

Edited by Rafkin

Yeah, the GTN needs some lovin by the developers.

Currently, it inhibits rather then promotes the economy between players, for all the reasons already expressed in this thread.

Prior MMOs set the standard for this. They need to giddy-up on the GTN functionality.

On the other hand, the game and the content is superb, and I'm glad that is where they put the resources. I can wait a bit for a world class GTN.

Yeah, the GTN needs some lovin by the developers.

Currently, it inhibits rather then promotes the economy between players, for all the reasons already expressed in this thread.

Prior MMOs set the standard for this. They need to giddy-up on the GTN functionality.

On the other hand, the game and the content is superb, and I'm glad that is where they put the resources. I can wait a bit for a world class GTN.

Yeah...I can wait a bit...not much longer than that.

I spent 15k today just leveling up treasure hunting and archeology so I could do artificing (and get rid of that horrid looking yellow-black saber).

I've got just enough cash right now to fly my ship to theplanet after Coruscant (seriously I've got like 50 credits) to do some quests and stuff.

Agreed. ATM it's very hard to use and it dissuades people from auctioning off items.

The GTN needs the ability to auction off items, the GTN cut needs to be decreased, and there needs to be the ability to search the GTN by name without selecting any categories, like in WoW. Also, I'd like the ability to search items when I put something up for sale on the GTN, so I know what to sell stuff for.

I agree with all of this, very strongly, especially your last two suggestions. This is something that needs to be implemented into the AH. Not "want," but "need," if they want the AH to thrive at all. As it is, the AH is far too clunky to operate and it's too easy to have the window closed down and for me to lose my progress (usually when a companion reports in after finishing a crew skill quest).

Agreed that the GTN needs some loving. I haven't tried to sell anything yet, but when I'm researching the going rate for an item, sometimes I don't know what category it falls in. Makes it very frustrating to decide how much to sell something random I found when I don't really know what it is.

The limit is 50 items to list as well... :eek:

This could be bumped a little up to say 100... ;)

Some of us have speeder $ to make... :p

My worst pet pev is having to search all the armor by 3 types...

Light, Medium and Heavy...

Whers the chest, legs , wrist sub section? :rolleyes:

Yea i hope bioware sees this and offers up a reply. The GTN just feels "clunky"and makes things more annoying than necessary. Shift clicking items from your bag to search for them in the market place would be nice, the whole having to fill out 3-4 parameters before being able to type in and search is just horrid. Not to mention that last sneaky digit that doesnt want to go away..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.