Do you like one side more than the other???

Alloha

Ok so because of the storylines for each class i've almost played each class in the game with the exception of the Sith Inquisitor class. So because of this i find myself not really having a favourite side. i'm not saying this is a bad thing it's just weird is all

So to give you an example i played WOW for like 3 years during that whole time i was Horde and i never played alliance. Were as this game i'm playing alts on both sides republic and empire

This is why i ask the above question

I've found that the imperial story lines are more interesting to me. I enjoyed the Trooper, SI, IA, and Sith Warrior story lines. The JK and JC were the boring to me and the smuggler and Bh stories are hit and miss for good moments. It's just my opinion though and some people may have really liked the ones I didn't.

Ok so because of the storylines for each class i've almost played each class in the game with the exception of the Sith Inquisitor class. So because of this i find myself not really having a favourite side. i'm not saying this is a bad thing it's just weird is all

So to give you an example i played WOW for like 3 years during that whole time i was Horde and i never played alliance. Were as this game i'm playing alts on both sides republic and empire

This is why i ask the above question

The sith only because alot of info we are just not privvy to in the movies, alot of information, about the sith was never mentioned in most of the movies. So unless your someone read a ton of the novels, this was a chance to see things from the sith point of view. For me this makes me lean more toward the sith.

Now this doesnt mean i haven't played the republic side because i have... and well they are more corrupt then the sith... are just as dirty if not more dirty, and frankly i was appauled...at least the sith are openly evil bastards! i know where they stand xD!

on top of this! is the fact that i hate and detest the jedi code, and pretty much jedi in general. They are robots...emotionless machines... i happen to believe that is no light or darkside only the force and its all in how you use it. Personally i do not believe that passion makes you corrupt but, FEEDING on the negative emotions will! So if i had to choose a code it would actually be the sith code... also jedi are stuck up arrogant *****s! especially Yoda!

I've found that the imperial story lines are more interesting to me. I enjoyed the Trooper, SI, IA, and Sith Warrior story lines. The JK and JC were the boring to me and the smuggler and Bh stories are hit and miss for good moments. It's just my opinion though and some people may have really liked the ones I didn't.

is more because we have seen jedi side before, and most of republic stories are in movies from some vantage point. Though i'll say i adore the trooper story from what i played of it. Once more it is seeing things from vantage point we usually don't get to that makes imperials more interesting.

I love Republic because I find it more fun to play the underdog and I like the Jedi. It requires much more courage to help people, to rebuild and to keep society from breaking apart than whipping out a red light saber and destroying everything in sight.

I like Empire for the storylines, overall better (IMO) voice acting, better looking gear, better looking fleet and being bad is a lot of fun.

The sith only because alot of info we are just not privvy to in the movies, alot of information, about the sith was never mentioned in most of the movies. So unless your someone read a ton of the novels, this was a chance to see things from the sith point of view. For me this makes me lean more toward the sith.

Now this doesnt mean i haven't played the republic side because i have... and well they are more corrupt then the sith... are just as dirty if not more dirty, and frankly i was appauled...at least the sith are openly evil bastards! i know where they stand xD!

on top of this! is the fact that i hate and detest the jedi code, and pretty much jedi in general. They are robots...emotionless machines... i happen to believe that is no light or darkside only the force and its all in how you use it. Personally i do not believe that passion makes you corrupt but, FEEDING on the negative emotions will! So if i had to choose a code it would actually be the sith code... also jedi are stuck up arrogant *****s! especially Yoda!

is more because we have seen jedi side before, and most of republic stories are in movies from some vantage point. Though i'll say i adore the trooper story from what i played of it. Once more it is seeing things from vantage point we usually don't get to that makes imperials more interesting.

Name ONE situation, just one where a Sith uses positive emotions to fight. I dare you.

The Jedi are NOT emotionless automatons. Give me one piece of evidence that proves it. Go on.

Name ONE situation, just one where a Sith uses positive emotions to fight. I dare you.

The Jedi are NOT emotionless automatons. Give me one piece of evidence that proves it. Go on.

My female Jedi Consular sounds pretty flat sometimes.

And do Jedi named NPCs count?

Because in the SI storyline, Nomar Organa broke his promise to marry Lady Rist twice because he's said to be "the perfect Jedi".

i happen to believe that is no light or darkside only the force and its all in how you use it

Incoming Nerd post:

This is called Potentium. It has been outright stated as being wrong and a surefire way to fall to the darkside in canon.

In my opinion, the idea of Potentium proves a degree of arrogance. It says you believe you have more control than the countless fallen Jedi before you and that you have complete control over the Force and that it has no control over you.

It's a fun concept to think about, but is not true in canon.

On Topic:

I strongly lean Republic. I don't feel Sith side captures the Star Wars feel anywhere near as much as Republic does. At the same time, I enjoy seeing a Jedi as the big bad at the end of a mission a lot more than seeing a Sith. Esseles vs. Black Talon for instance. Both had very solid final battles, but Black Talon was better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokai

Good and bad is in the eye of the beholder. It could be argued that Anakin through he was using positive emotions to save his wife, from his perspective he was doing the right thing. From our perspective, the movie watchers, we could see he was being manipulated. So your "dare" cannot really be discussed because it is all a matter of opinion.

Edited by Toasted_Coconuts

Easy one for me to answer, Republic! several reasons for this, for a start I prefer the atmosphere on the Republic side, the characters and enviroment are just nicer to look at, I really dislike all the red of the empire, from red chars to banners and lighting, just to dark and moody for me.

Then there is the fact that as Republic we are outnumbered, which is something I like, being the underdog is more of a challenge, and it's more rewarding when things go your way.

Edited by System_TOR

Republic. There's the underdog thing already mentioned; and, dang it, I just like feeling like a hero at the end of it all. And unfortunately I've developed a pet peeve about all the people who blather about how the Empire is just as good as the Republic, and the Jedi are just as bad as the Sith, and blah blah blah. I've almost finished the Smuggler, and working the Consular into the 30's so far (my wife's doing the Trooper, which has some pretty good moments as well).

That said, I have enjoyed the Agent and BH stories, as far as I've taken them (45 and 35 or so, respectively); in part because my Imperial toons both stand opposed to the Sith in general. No interest in running a Warrior, and I'm on the fence with an Inquisitor - started one, but haven't even finished the Prologue.

Playing my Marauder, I was attacked by more than 1 Jedi even though I am Light Side and was freeing all the people :) So it is not necessary in those instances to say I was using "hate" or even any emotions to defend myself from the "Angry Mob" of Jedi.

I also have a very Dark Jedi, so ... seeing as is still considered good, even after outright murder :) (and Mayhem!), extortion (Greed?), and any other combinations to do ill.

I love Republic because I find it more fun to play the underdog and I like the Jedi. It requires much more courage to help people, to rebuild and to keep society from breaking apart than whipping out a red light saber and destroying everything in sight.

I like Empire for the storylines, overall better (IMO) voice acting, better looking gear, better looking fleet and being bad is a lot of fun.

People like this guy keeps me playing the Empire. Oh and this whole we are out numbered Republic puke they spew. When every wargame match is equal. Just the whole goofiness of the average Republic player makes me glad I am playing Empire.

Edited by Sinron

Isn't the empire the underdog? I remember seeing during the game that republic military outnumbers empire's 3 to 1 or something like that. Also this is the empire returning after a 1000 years in the shadows.

I did notice though that the republic comes across as on the brink of falling apart and the empire as (not completely) more unified and driven.

i like republic more, becouse it seems more mature to help and such then to destroy.

evil is portraited in such a way that reminds me of angry teenagers.

thats not fun. but i do like kaas city and the dark rainy atmosphere. its soothing.

favorite classes are gunlsinger and mercenary. am still looking foreward to seeing hoth and exploring tatooine. im such a slow leveler lol.

to be honest im in a gray zone, where i like em both. a neutral side perhaps.

People like this guy keeps me playing the Empire. Oh and this whole we are out numbered Republic puke they spew. When every wargame match is equal. Just the whole goofiness of the average Republic player makes me glad I am playing Empire.

Some reading comprehension skills may be useful here. I never mentioned warzones, obviously neither side is outnumbered in those. I'm talking about overall server pop and open world pvp (previously Ilum, now mainly Tat and higher level planets).

Secondly, avoid sweeping generalizations, they make you look like a fool and I'm sure you're not. I've met despicable people on both sides and vice versa.