The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Questions about 0/17/24 or 2/17/22

milesing

Has anyone played with a build similar to this one? 0/17/24

A little lacking in oomph on live, but when 1.2 lands Retractable Blade becomes a solid filler ability while PPA is on internal cd, and free Rocket Punches help with heat management.

Has anyone played with a build similar to this one? 0/17/24

A little lacking in oomph on live, but when 1.2 lands Retractable Blade becomes a solid filler ability while PPA is on internal cd, and free Rocket Punches help with heat management.

RB is the worst possible filler ability. It would be significantly better to keep your boosted damage with 8 points in Shield Tech, than to waste the time getting RB and Imp quell.

Several better builds to fully utilize your damage output would be:

8/9/24

8/8/25

8/5/28

5/5/31

All 4 would provide a better offensive burst than even with the new PPA than RB build. I think you will find a majority playing the 8/8/25 or the 31 point build.

Not a fan of imp quell?

I'm playing 2/12/27 right now and find having quell less two seconds in cooldown almost indispensable. Adds significant killing power.

Nope, never worried much about quell more than once on a healer or caster. Currently the burst of Pyro is enough to keep them from really worrying me.

Not a fan of imp quell?

I'm playing 2/12/27 right now and find having quell less two seconds in cooldown almost indispensable. Adds significant killing power.

I used to feel the same, but switched to a 8/8/25 build awhile back and have to say I really don't notice it. Sure there have been a few times where quell had about 2s left and I could have used it but we have other things at our disposal and the points being spent to get that improved quell is not worth it at all currently. I have never lost a fight or not killed someone because of not having quell.

Maybe in 1.2 it will be a good option since ap will be a semi-good tree (still skeptical and havent tried the changes myself)

To the OP: The 9% aim increase in the shield tech tree along with all the other damage boosters are a way better option if you plan on doing any dps.

Edited by ronalddregan