Recup Nano

Raific

Can anyone help clear this up. Our Recup Nano is getting a buff/nerf in 1.2 but compared to the Sorcerer's Revivification, it still seems sub-par. The increase in cool down was to "bring us in line" with "Others" yet a Sorc seems to have a clear advantage for group heals. The fact that Sorc can heal twice as much as Ops is HUGE! If they are going to "Bring us in line" why not bring us in line with the other items too!?

Recuperative Nanotech has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before.

Cool Downs:

Sorc: 15/Op: 15

HoT Time:

Sorc: 8 secs

Op: 6 secs

Allies:

Sorc: 8

Ops: 4

Range (Radius):

Ops: 10 meters

Sorc: 8 meters

Activation:

Ops: Instant

Sorc: 2 Secs

Visual Effects:

Sorc: Big Purple Glowing circle

Ops: Is there one?

Edited by Raific

Can anyone help clear this up. Our Recup Nano is getting a buff/nerf in 1.2 but compared to the Sorcerer's Revivification, it still seems sub-par. The increase in cool down was to "bring us in line" with "Others" yet a Sorc seems to have a clear advantage for group heals. The fact that Sorc can heal twice as much as Ops is HUGE! If they are going to "Bring us in line" why not bring us in line with the other items too!?

Recuperative Nanotech has been rebalanced. It now has a 15-second cooldown, heals over 6 seconds, and heals for approximately 10% more than before.

Cool Downs:

Sorc: 15/Op: 15

HoT Time:

Sorc: 8 secs

Op: 6 secs

Allies:

Sorc: 8

Ops: 4

Range (Radius):

Ops: 10 meters

Sorc: 8 meters

Activation:

Ops: Instant

Sorc: 2 Secs

Visual Effects:

Sorc: Big Purple Glowing circle

Ops: Is there one?

Ours has a blueish green mist around the character.

Each of the 3 healers have different styles of healing so its hard to compare to others straight out.

Personally the fact that ours is instant and has a slighter larger radius; I don't mind the less targets as much especially if they made it a smart heal let ours target the low players and let theirs blanket. I am not spamming it every CD anyways since there isn't always 4 around, plus personally if we are grouped up im combining RN with KP spam on everyone into DS energy regen and I don't have an issue (granted we do 8 mans but I use the same thing in pvp also).

I see your point but like you, we do 8 mans. Having that Sorc healer is MUCH more handy than a 4 man healer. And I also agree, comparing them is tough but that is why them increasing our cool down to 15 secs while keeping our HoT time at 6 kind of annoys me. It gives us 9 seconds of missing that HoT. And lets face it, that two meters isn't going to make THAT much of a diff when you are only healing 4.

Granted, if you spam it you will find yourself out of energy fast but the times that you would actually use that heal, energy reserve is the last thing on your mind.

Does that "mist" cover all that are being healed or just the main guy? I know which person I drop it on. It would be handy to see who is being effected to I can spray-can the others. (I am at work so cannot test it.)

Because Op healing =/= Sorc healing.

Ours is instant cast and doesn't require players to stay in one area.

Also, the increase in cooldown isn't really a nerf, as the duration before was 15 seconds so there really wasn't much point in recasting it every 12 seconds.

I do agree that the graphic for it could be improved.

Edited by hulkweazel

It covers the 4 people it effects personally I like it the way it is simple for pve its low profile so aside from probes it isn't obvious who is healing the person.

Also the 2m your not going to notice to often but it does make a difference since radius isn't just a circle its a sphere, which is nice since I have found that in multi level area like hutt ball I can ignore LOS. Iv have used on myself on the top scaffoldings and it has hit the people running people. Where I notice it a lot is SOA where people are constantly coming and going so I will pick up people sometimes, who missed out on the Sorc healing aoe just due to bad timing.

As for people having to stay in an area, yes they do. If you cast it, they have to stay by the person who it is centered on to get the full range of healing. If they move away, its lost. (Unless I am missing something.) The fact that the graphic is lacking, makes it even worse.

As for the increase in time, I would have a hard time calling it a nerf but annoying, yes. One of the largest benefits to a HoT is they fact that you can load it because you know damage will be coming and you may not be able to react to it. Having the effective time short and cool down time long is kind of annoying since it creates a gap.

But again, that isn't my point of discussion. My point is that on one side they claim they are not to be compared yet they increase our cool down to what everyone else has, which seems to me to be a direct comparison. A contradiction, if you will. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the patch. Healing is going to be much more relaxed for us but it just annoys me about the lacking effectiveness of our Group Heal and contraction in declaration.

It covers the 4 people it effects personally I like it the way it is simple for pve its low profile so aside from probes it isn't obvious who is healing the person.

Also the 2m your not going to notice to often but it does make a difference since radius isn't just a circle its a sphere, which is nice since I have found that in multi level area like hutt ball I can ignore LOS. Iv have used on myself on the top scaffoldings and it has hit the people running people. Where I notice it a lot is SOA where people are constantly coming and going so I will pick up people sometimes, who missed out on the Sorc healing aoe just due to bad timing.

Good points about Huttball. I have found it most useful there but to be honest, EV is where I found it to be the biggest pain. If I cast it on someone (Because its better to heal myself with Diag Scan) and they run off, I just wasted a ton of energy on a single weak HoT.

Thank you both for your input. Always looking for good insight where I might be "missing it".

I hate to say it in this manner but I look at it this way

Sorc = priest

OP = resto druid

Merc = Paladin

Personally for me I can't compare a Sorc to an OP so I don't see the issue.

Also Ill have to double check tomorrow but I am pretty sure once it goes out from the originally target and is applied to someone if they run away it stays on them and heals. Maybe the animation doesn't stay but I know we wiped last week on the council fight as I had used on myself as our warrior ran behind me to stand on the stairs. I couldn't figure out why I had the debuff and was dying and as I died I saw numbers healing him from me. Which on that fight you can attack and heal yourself without every switching targets so I don't see how else he could have been healing from me.