Question for Naga users

Luochaz

I just got it for the macros like everyone else. I made a diff rotation macro for my 3 toons and they all experiance the same thing, which is my macro will use a GCD but not an ability. This happens mainly when closeing range - going from a 30m attack to a 10m or melee attack.

Also when this happens it plays the beginning of the annimation and stops for example Ion Pulse will light up the end of my blaster and stop, while Shock will toss my hand half way out and stop

Question is does any other naga macro users get this, and have you found a way to counter it, i've tried delays but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Luochaz

If you're trying to build macros that trigger more than one ability, then the channeled abilities will probably get interrupted unless you put in a delay as long as the channeled ability needs +1 second.

Personally? I kept my NAGA mapped to the numpad keys, didn't change its settings at all, and then set up keybinds within SWTOR to map the second center/cover bar, right bar, and left bar to SHIFT+numpad, CTRL+numpad, and ALT+numpad respectively. That way each ability has at most one NAGA button and one keypress.

My G13 has SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT mapped to keys on the right side of the keypad, TAB and SHIFT-TAB, ESC and ENTER mapped to the thumb joystick directions, and then one joystick thumb button mapped to SPACE and the other to tilde (~) (which is my PTT key for Vent, it's not bound within SWTOR at all). The rest of the G13 keys are set to the QWEASDZXC 'square' used for movement, crouching, and strafing.

Between these two devices, with this setup, I can move, turn, jump, fire, switch targets, and use all the abilities on my quickslot bars.

I'l give u an example of one of my macros for my level 16 Vanguard

the macro pushes and releases these buttons in this order with no delay

Ctrl+9 - Tenacity ( break free)

5 - High impact bolt

4 - Shockstrike

2 - Ion Pulse

1 - Autto attack

So, if i am further then 10m away it should use Bolt if able and Auto attack if not. What i'm trying to do is reduce the amout of buttons i need to hit.

Not to hijack the thread, but no sense posting a new thread when one is already started with this topic.

Setup : Naga w/ 12 side buttons

Absolutely love the mouse, except for 1 huge glaring issue. Sometimes my side buttons are getting locked out.

Easiest way to explain it would be to set this scenario

Jedi Sentinal

I have shift+3 as force sweep, shift+4 as zen, shift+5 as transendence, shift+6 as insperation.

On the naga if have side button 3 as dispatch, sb 4 as merciless slash, sb 5 as zealous strike.

Now, routinely when in the heat of the moment, Ill use force sweep/zen/trans/insp and the next button press is one of the side buttons. However, Im finding that the side button abilites are regularly getting blacked out, and i can control this by pressing shift+5 and following it up quickly with side button 5. The result is that ability being blacked out until i hold shift and press that side button again.

I can't tell you how annoying this is, and how many times I find myself chasing someone down trying to hit them with zealous/merciless/dispatch only to see it not going off and scan over to see it blacked out.

Anyone have suggestions? Would be my hero!