PvE leveling specs

Jenosyde

I know there are alot of threads that say all are good depending on how u play. im hoping someone will elaborate on this,

as in a link to a few specs, what their strengths are, and what abilities they use primarily

Thanks in advance for not flaming toomuch

Pick a spec, learn to play it, it is now the best leveling spec you can have.

Each spec has its strengths and weaknesses and will match different kinds of playstyles. I prefer Annihilation because it causes my DoTs to heal me when they crit and it is currently the only spec that can use the Short Fuse talent.

IMO, there is no "best spec", as there are many variations of the same spec, where one talent is skipped and another is taken, but in a different build those two are swapped.

Play the game, test things out for yourself. You won't know what works for you as far as feel/playstyle goes until you do so, whether PvE or PvP. And it's not a "waste of credits"(I've seen a bunch of your posts from other threads) if you're constantly tweaking things to try and hit that sweet spot, since credits are easy to come by in this game.

You also have to decide if you want to use a spec that can heal, but the damage is backloaded, a burst spec that takes time to charge up, or a spec that has a proc style(sort of like WoW's sword specialization/windfury effect).

Each one works well w/ leveling up.

I know there are alot of threads that say all are good depending on how u play. im hoping someone will elaborate on this,

as in a link to a few specs, what their strengths are, and what abilities they use primarily

Thanks in advance for not flaming toomuch

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72872

This is the sticky at the top of the page. The information is still relevant. Look it over, if you still have questions that are a little more technical or specific, come back and ask those.

On a side note, this is the 4th thread you've made about asking for advice on builds. Not flaming, but please stop spamming the boards with the same question over and over again. Do a little research, there is plenty of information both here and in the sentinel forums, which is our republic mirror. People aren't just going to spoon feed you information when it's readily available if you'd just take 10 minutes to browse older threads.

Leveling as a rage.

Guildie leveling as Carnage.

Another guildie leveled as Annihliation.

etc...

Just pick a spec and run with it. As you play it you'll get better at it. I can clear an area pretty quickly with rage spec, but if I switch to carnage it'll take me longer. Not because carnage is "worse" but because it's just played differently.

In the end you only need to worry about the "perfect" spec when you're maximizing stats for either pvp or HM/Ops, which really only happens for lvl 50.