Force users becoming "depleated"?

Incauta

So as a fore warning i have not read any of the EU books or anything like that. But my question is about force powers becoming depleted in battle. Is the force like a battery in someone? Strong at first and then begins to lose power the longer you go on until there is literally nothing left? A few times in the class stories i went into battle where my opponent was defeated by sheer length of fight and they just lost their powers and gave up.

So does one like the emperor become uber powerful by basically just meditating in a total hibernation state to "charge the batteries" so to speak?

Also this as I tend to observe it only really occurs with Sith, haven't witnessed a Jedi fall down totally spent of force yet.

I mean, force users have pulled flag ships out of space and slammed them down on the ground before and then went on their merry way which would seem to me to be more of a drain then a 30min saber fight.

*SPOILER FOR SITH WARRIORS*

In the Darth Baras fight, when you defeat him the last time, he tries to use electricity and fails, to which he yells "Gah! My power abandon me!"

So I think it depends on your physical state, if your near death or highly damaged, you lose some of your connection to the force, at least that's what it feels like.

As a fight continues the ability to draw on the Force becomes harder, especially for a sith who goes all out in a beginning of a duel.

So does one like the emperor become uber powerful by basically just meditating in a total hibernation state to "charge the batteries" so to speak?

Meditating does not make you uber powerful it just rejuvenates you. To become uber powerful you need to strengthen your connection with the force.

Edited by DarkCelestial