Personal opinion of SW ToR and suggestions

FkLex

First of all, I do not consider myself a MMO veteran but I do think I played enough of them to make a pretty accurate opinion of ToR. I played WoW for 5 years + , EVE for some months, Football Superstars for 2+ years, SWG for a short while and some other F2Ps for a short while (CABAL,DCUO, CO, STO )

Now onto SW ToR .

Pro's : - Great leveling experience ( best I've ever seen ).

- Great graphics for a MMO.

- Unique companion system.

- Interesting mechanics for Huttball.

Con's : - Too much instancing

- The engine isn't properly optimised and can't perform well enough on mid to lower end PC's especially on Ilum and in Warzones.

- Would of preferred a sandbox SW ToR rather than a theme park game.

- In my opinion, end game raids are boring.

- Not enough end-game PvP content.

- Ilum is broken.

- No fleet vs fleet system ? (Im thinking horde vs Stormwind etc)

Still, SW ToR has only launched for 4 months or so. I think ToR has had the best MMO Launch ever, not only from a population point of view. Sure it had its flaws, bugs, etc...but every MMO ever launched was worse than ToR really.

The problem I see is that everyone expected a a top-notch game to rival with Blizzard's WoW from the beggining. I don't think it's there yet but I think it has the potential to be . ToR has massive funding and the game updates are quite huge. Also, remember how WoW was on launch before whining about ToR . :)

I think the biggest mistake ToR did was making possible being a Force User from the beggining. The game is overfilled with glowsticks unfortunately. I think many people would of preffered the SWG way.

Overall I do believe the game is pretty solid altough it needs much more content and features than this or a legacy system.

- New raids.

- New boss mechanics

- Better story behind those raids.

- More PvP balancing

- More PvP Warzones. A classic capture the flag? A PvPvE warzone ? A warzone with vehicles / starships maybe?

- Arenas (1v1 , 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 )

- A working Ilum.

- Factions attacking each other's fleet.

- Faction battling over territory. (Not like Ilum btw.)

- Player City's. (Make one or two planets that have the space for player city's and stations).

- A WORKING ENGINE

I did use caps look intentionally there because I do believe that having a optimised engine makes alot of difference. It would probably also get you more users because not everyone has Quad Core's etc. Still, performance in War Zones and Ilum should be increased and not only by decreasing turret fire rate and turning graphics lower. The problem isn't on our end Bioware it's on yours. Stop turning down the graphics and start optimising the engine.

As a conclusion, I think ToR has had a good launch and is a pretty solid game but has certain flaws. Flaws that ( looking at the current patches and how massive they are ) will probably be solved soon. I hope people stop bashing it and the BW team and rather provide more constructive criticism towards making this game better. Come on guys admit it, ToR is darn good for a 4 months old MMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.