The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ops Off Tank Spec/Set

Yamirashi

So I'm trading my Guardian out of my Ops group for my Vanguard when he hits 50 (should be this week!) and we've been advised that a more dps oriented off tank is more what you want in the current Ops. So my question is what's the best setup you guys have used/seen for Vanguards?

Tank Spec/DPS Gear

DPS Spec/Tank Gear

IronFist type hybrid/DPS Gear

IF type hybrid/Tank Gear

I'm biased slightly in that I would love to run an IronFist type spec as I love to PVP as well and it works so well there, but if something else is more desireable then I can do whatever.

Thanks!

I went hybrid spec/tank gear and our group was fine. I've since gone to MTing while our Shadow switched to dps though since his dps is clearly better. The only time we run with two tanks anymore is Karagga's HM for Jarg/Sorno and Fabricator.

I probably should add to the question in saying that the other tank in our group is a Guardian (which is why I'm wanting to swap out MY Guardian for a Vanguard). Which class works better as MT vs OT? I know basically you want someone with more DPS who can throw some taunts/guards around as well as take a little beating if the other were to go down.

I know one of the ops groups in my guild (and yes I'm talking with them too, just trying to get as much info as possible) runs a Vanguard in full tank spec/gear and a Guardian in a DPS spec with tank gear. I think the other tank in my group really wants to tank and he's been main tanking things most of the time for the runs we've had. I also REALLY like to PVP which is why I wouldn't mind running the IF type hybrids if they're viable for this role. I would try the 21/2/18 CP spec but they're breaking it in 1.2 so no point in getting used to it now.

Thanks for the input and any future input anyone has. :D