My Beef With Orange Items...

Mackuss

hence why i asked for a screenshot with either no mods on either, or identical mods on both.

why is it peeple can simultaneously ask for help, yet think they know better than the people they are asking?

thats a form of madness i dont understand....

Because I DID post a screenshot with identical mods.....(or the only ones that should matter, as Armor Mod (not Mod or Enhancement) is the only thing that contributes to Armor Rating.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, your head may be exploding, but take a second to notice something in the pictures you posted. Do you notice that the comparison is not showing that you will gain or losing armor rating (like it does the other stats in the first pic) by equipping the item? I believe the problem is that the tooltip isn't updating the true armor rating of the unequipped piece, even though the comparison tooltip (and the game) is recognizing them as equal armor rating.

Because I DID post a screenshot with identical mods.....(or the only ones that should matter, as Armor Mod (not Mod or Enhancement) is the only thing that contributes to Armor Rating.

did you put the thing on? we've only mentioned this about a hundred times now......

they are not different, they both have (10) next to them, which is the item level.

The (10) is the mod item level, not the stats. I'll admit that I'm more familiar with the gear end of the system than the mod end, but I am 99.9% sure mods of the same level can vary in stats since you can have a green, blue, and purple mod, all with (10) and all with completely different stats. There are a lot of variables.

-Color quality

-Stat variety

-Item level; for which my understanding was that this was a factor of the total of stats for the quality level. Thus an item with X total stat value that is green would be the same item level as an item of X + Y stat value that is blue, with would be the same item level of X + Y + Z stat value that is purple, but the individual parts that make up X Y Z could vary from one item to the next. I could be mistaken, but that was my impression. Especially since, as I've said, you definitely can have different color qualities of the same (item level #)

that and they need to wear the thing to get it to update. short of tatooing this inside peoples eyelids, i dont know what else to do here.

Yes. Short of tattooing it to your own eyelids I presume - as I've already stated that I equipped both chest pieces and the armor value difference persists - yet you blatantly ignored that part.

Honestly, acting the internet-tough-guy gets noone anywhere - other than your credibility in the situation negated - so I would suggest entertaining the possibility that, maybe, just maybe, there are other intelligent people out there legitimately running into problems/bugs that are not fixing themselves by said "fixes".

Yes. Short of tattooing it to your own eyelids I presume - as I've already stated that I equipped both chest pieces and the armor value difference persists - yet you blatantly ignored that part.

Honestly, acting the internet-tough-guy gets noone anywhere - other than your credibility in the situation negated - so I would suggest entertaining the possibility that, maybe, just maybe, there are other intelligent people out there legitimately running into problems/bugs that are not fixing themselves by said "fixes".

and it persists while you are wearing it, with identical mods in both?

The (10) is the mod item level, not the stats. I'll admit that I'm more familiar with the gear end of the system than the mod end, but I am 99.9% sure mods of the same level can vary in stats since you can have a green, blue, and purple mod, all with (10) and all with completely different stats. There are a lot of variables.

-Color quality

-Stat variety

-Item level; for which my understanding was that this was a factor of the total of stats for the quality level. Thus an item with X total stat value that is green would be the same item level as an item of X + Y stat value that is blue, with would be the same item level of X + Y + Z stat value that is purple, but the individual parts that make up X Y Z could vary from one item to the next. I could be mistaken, but that was my impression. Especially since, as I've said, you definitely can have different color qualities of the same (item level #)

Yes, the mods were the same - my girlfriend crafted them.

I think it's just an updating problem, like you said before. I am not a pompous *** like someone else in the thread, so I am very open minded, and was hoping all along (as the tone in my OP suggests), that it was indeed a bug.

I think it's just an updating problem, like you said before. I am not a pompous *** like someone else in the thread, so I am very open minded, and was hoping all along (as the tone in my OP suggests), that it was indeed a bug.

it might be, but people (not just you) have not exactly been great at answering questions.

if you had 2 orange items, and have worn them both, and while you wore them had identical mods in both, and the stats did not show as the same while they were equiped, then that is a bug and you should report it.

frankly it should have been reported already, since we can talk about it, but not actually help.

Yeah, the entire July build was pretty broken with the updating issue, since not only were the tooltips not updating, but the damage on weapons actually wasn't changing as it should have. Later builds were better in that it seemed the items themselves were working properly, but there were still a lot of issues with tooltips not updating (this even extended to skills when you trained a new level, so your tooltip for level 2 slash, for instance, still showed as level 1 slash, though I don't know if these issues are really connected).

Yeah, the entire July build was pretty broken with the updating issue, since not only were the tooltips not updating, but the damage on weapons actually wasn't changing as it should have. Later builds were better in that it seemed the items themselves were working properly, but there were still a lot of issues with tooltips not updating (this even extended to skills when you trained a new level, so your tooltip for level 2 slash, for instance, still showed as level 1 slash, though I don't know if these issues are really connected).

the tooltip issue i experienced, but for some reason only as a jedi. as sith it was fine. as jedi i had to manuallym remove skills and re add from my powers tray.

Thank you for being informative. I really hope it's purely a tooltip problem, haha, and not actually different numbers.

Thank you for being informative. I really hope it's purely a tooltip problem, haha, and not actually different numbers.

you know what he said has been said several times already? not trying to take anything away from him for saying it, but hes not providing new info. maybe try reading what people say?

you know what he said has been said several times already? not trying to take anything away from him for saying it, but hes not providing new info. maybe try reading what people say?

He was the only one in the thread that said that reloading the game would update it. I did read that people said equip it to update it - and I did that - and it didn't work.

However, to put a final update, I did close out the game, reload it, then after waiting in a 10 minute queue, it had updated it.

P.S. I reported it as a bug.

i was sure it had been mentioned, maybe not.

having said that, its pretty standard with anything on a computer that doesnt work to turn it off and back on again. games aint an exception. any problem, with anything, the first thing to do is turn it off and back on. hardware or software.

i had assumed people would know this, if that was an incorrect assumption, i apologise.

but for future reference, that is the first troubleshooting action that should be taken for absolutely everything.

i was sure it had been mentioned, maybe not.

having said that, its pretty standard with anything on a computer that doesnt work to turn it off and back on again. games aint an exception. any problem, with anything, the first thing to do is turn it off and back on. hardware or software.

i had assumed people would know this, if that was an incorrect assumption, i apologise.

but for future reference, that is the first troubleshooting action that should be taken for absolutely everything.

Well, I don't know if I'd say it should be the first action. With this game, I always go with:

ctrl+U

ctrl+U

as my first action. ;)

thats a partial restart. a soft reset of the graphics display only. many issues will not be related to the graphics, so this will not help.

seriously, i work in IT support. over 50% of ALL issues reported are solved be restarting something.

You missed my ;)

It is just a UI reset, but, oddly enough, it's actually been a fix for a great many issues, many of which seem wholly unrelated to the UI.

Sorry, I read the whole thread and still fail to know...Can items that we got at a very low level, be modded to be as good as items we get at level 50?

Yes, all orange items (of the same item type, light/medium/heavy) can be modded equally. The issue is one of the item tooltip not updating properly. Loging out of the game and back in corrects the issue.

Yes, all orange items (of the same item type, light/medium/heavy) can be modded equally. The issue is one of the item tooltip not updating properly. Loging out of the game and back in corrects the issue.

So if it's orange it can be used forever? (Without penalties)

So if it's orange it can be used forever? (Without penalties)

Yup**

(** Endgame operation/pvp gear has a caveat- set bonuses. The gear is purple, and thus, only has the two mods that don't change armor value, but it has set bonuses. . . or, at least, it did and current indications are that it still does.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.