Knockbacks: Facing requirement please

Malanoth

i both loathe(i have an operative), and understand the necessity for knocbkacks. i wont say it needs to be nerfed from an operatives perspective, but that's because you could improve things on the operative end of things to deal with (whether its a gap closer, or a kb immunity like powertech's ap ability).

That being said the resolve contribution of the ability could be looked at, as you can get hit twice by knockbacks consecutively, which basically negates any gap closing by any class against smart groups with multiple kbs. the annoying thing is kb's would seem to affect melee more then it affects ranged, ranged can still dps or position themselves to dps when getting kbd (excluding the bridge in voidstar). It would be nice if you had resolve function differently for melee and for range,but what cc affects range worse then melee?

roots/slows:pretty equal

loss of control:compromises everyones ability to do anything whether melee or range.

pulls:if sages/sorcs didnt have it i'd be inclined to say it affects ranged more as it compromises their range. Outside of pulling someone to their death, or removing someone from attacking their current target it has few offensive capabilities for sorcs. And one players pull can counteract another players.

knockbacks: results in melee being put in a position to do no damage, results in range being put in a position to do reduced damage.

Newsflash:

Tab targeting doesn't require any skill to play. Saying 360 degree knock backs don't would imply that anything in this game actually requires aiming.

The only skill based knock back in that case would be something you drop a AOE on the ground where you want the effect to occur, which does not exist.

Knockbacks are annoying, no doubt. But what is more annoying is 1) being a Sniper where you have to push 2 buttons to get the same results, 2) having your knockbacks NOT work thanks to the awesomeness that is Huttball (that WZ is more bugged than anything I've ever seen), or 3) lag screwing up the actual positioning of your target for the knockback (again, mostly an issue in HB due to all of the environmental blocks).

i both loathe(i have an operative), and understand the necessity for knocbkacks. i wont say it needs to be nerfed from an operatives perspective, but that's because you could improve things on the operative end of things to deal with (whether its a gap closer, or a kb immunity like powertech's ap ability).

That being said the resolve contribution of the ability could be looked at, as you can get hit twice by knockbacks consecutively, which basically negates any gap closing by any class against smart groups with multiple kbs. the annoying thing is kb's would seem to affect melee more then it affects ranged, ranged can still dps or position themselves to dps when getting kbd (excluding the bridge in voidstar). It would be nice if you had resolve function differently for melee and for range,but what cc affects range worse then melee?

roots/slows:pretty equal

loss of control:compromises everyones ability to do anything whether melee or range.

pulls:if sages/sorcs didnt have it i'd be inclined to say it affects ranged more as it compromises their range. Outside of pulling someone to their death, or removing someone from attacking their current target it has few offensive capabilities for sorcs. And one players pull can counteract another players.

knockbacks: results in melee being put in a position to do no damage, results in range being put in a position to do reduced damage.

The multi knockback requires talents (minor ST faced KB on stockstrike) and/or multiple people. If we're working under that assumption, then talented leap (prevents KB/CC for X seconds after using leap) or 3 people staggering leaps accomplishes the same thing to negate the effectiveness of the KBs.

So I guess it comes down to situation, just like every other "CC" - the only good news is it works off resolve, something root does not.