Expertise

Raeshalgoul

How much is too much expertise?

i currently have 9.9 %

i could have if i change out some stuff at 11.8%

im trying to maximize my power stat.

what do you guys suggest?

waiting until 1.2 when your soft caps change.

Do not trade BM for Rakata armor slots at 550 exp or below.

There is no "10%" magic number. There is no "fill out with PvE" slots. Good PvP -> PvE trades are crit Columi implants, orange bracers, orange belt, matrix cube, crit Rakata synthweave / relic.

If you're whoring an obscene amount of BIS and actually have all those, stop here. You don't want to lose more expertise.

"Meh" PvP -> PvE trades are basically the sabers -- sabers are what you want to trade if you have none of the other crit or orange PvE trade options mentioned above.

Poor PvP -> PvE trades are the primary armor slots. You generally want to avoid this and go get sabers and your Matrix Cube instead, and use BM gear.

If you're juggling Champ/Columi, no one cares: get better gear.

Do not trade BM for Rakata armor slots at 550 exp or below.

There is no "10%" magic number. There is no "fill out with PvE" slots. Good PvP -> PvE trades are crit Columi implants, orange bracers, orange belt, matrix cube, crit Rakata synthweave / relic.

If you're whoring an obscene amount of BIS and actually have all those, stop here. You don't want to lose more expertise.

"Meh" PvP -> PvE trades are basically the sabers -- sabers are what you want to trade if you have none of the other crit or orange PvE trade options mentioned above.

Poor PvP -> PvE trades are the primary armor slots. You generally want to avoid this and go get sabers and your Matrix Cube instead, and use BM gear.

If you're juggling Champ/Columi, no one cares: get better gear.

You must not understand how the soft caps in this game work. Stuff starts scaling as soon as you get a point into the stat. That means that after a certain point, the gain is ridiculous compared to the effective HP and offensive gains of raw stats from the PVE gear.

You must not understand how the soft caps in this game work. Stuff starts scaling as soon as you get a point into the stat. That means that after a certain point, the gain is ridiculous compared to the effective HP and offensive gains of raw stats from the PVE gear.

Which is between 500-600 expertise depending on the stuff you switch out and the stats you gain from it...

Not sure why you are confused about guy's post :/

I sit at 553 expterise with 1 crit columi implant, rakata helm and matrix cube...seems to work well enough for me.

Edited by Foxcolt

Would you not consider Rakata belt/bracers a good trade *IF* you don't have orange belt/bracers or crit implants. You're right at ~550exp with remaining BM pieces. Proc relic down to ~500exp when hungover and forgetting to hit burst relic w/ adrenal @_@

Rakata synthweave crit augmented belt/bracers are good (e.g. significantly better tradeoff than a primary armor slot).

Proc relic is typically bad for PvP because the proc is low damage sustained RNG. The clicky +power relic is vastly superior so you can control when you burst.

Rakata synthweave crit augmented belt/bracers are good (e.g. significantly better tradeoff than a primary armor slot).

Proc relic is typically bad for PvP because the proc is low damage sustained RNG. The clicky +power relic is vastly superior so you can control when you burst.

Agreed. However, I'm talking about regular drop Rakata belt/bracers -- still the best trade off I've been able to find IMO if you're not actively farming/going out of your way to get the BIS pieces