How old was Darth Sidious?

Datamonger

According to wookiepedia, he was born in "82 BBY" and died sometime between "4 ABY" and "11 ABY," depending on what source you're referencing.

I have no idea what these dates mean. :confused:

If everything was in terms of "BBY," (and assuming a 365 day Earth calendar year) he would have been at least 78 years old upon passing. But according to the dates' suffixes, the difference between BBY and ABY, this certainly cannot be so.

According to wookiepedia, he was born in "82 BBY" and died sometime between "4 ABY" and "11 ABY," depending on what source you're referencing.

I have no idea what these dates mean. :confused:

If everything was in terms of "BBY," (and assuming a 365 day Earth calendar year) he would have been at least 78 years old upon passing. But according to the dates' suffixes, the difference between BBY and ABY, this certainly cannot be so.

depends if your reffering to how old darth sidious soul or his body.

his body was 86 years old his soul is 93 years old.;)

wait i thought Qui Gon Jinn in his 30s-40s.

The Force grants unusual longevity to beings strong it it, regardless of alignment. The Dark side just makes them look that old, too. Yoda was some ~900 years old when he died, although it's entirely possible his species simply lives that long, as hutts do.

He was 50 in EP I, 60 in EP II, 63 in EP III and over 80 in EP VI.

Funny that Qui Gon Jinn is 10 years older than him.

Dooku you mean? I remember Dooku was older than Palpatine but I don't remember by how much.

Dooku you mean? I remember Dooku was older than Palpatine but I don't remember by how much.

No, Qui-Gon. ORIGINALLY, Qui-Gon was supposed to be 60, and look fairly old. Then they cast Neeson, when he was around 45...but the age never changed. So now he's 60 and looks a lot younger than 57-year-old Obi-Wan from Episode IV (played by a 62-year-old).

That's why I don't buy the 'Force grants longevity' theory; it's inconsistent. Some people thought Yoda was so old because of the Force, when the more natural idea (especially in light of how many cross-trilogy characters there are, from Bib Fortuna & Jabba to Chewie) is that it's a species thing. Some people thought that Darth Sidious' master was Darth Bane once upon a time... then when Plagueis came along in 2005 they thought Plagueis was Darth Bane's apprentice from 1,000 years earlier and Palpatine was centuries old.

According to Wookiepedia:

Dooku was born in 102 BBY, died in 19 BBY.

Sidious was born in 82 BBY, died in 4, 10, or 11 ABY (depending on source).

So, Dooku was 20 years older than Sidious.