The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just an idea.......

Slamuel

This isn't really related to the new legacy system, but I thought it would be a cool feature.

As Anakin made the switch from jedi to sith, and Revan the same (and back), it would be cool if say your jedi has a lot of dark side points, say tier three, for example. He would meet a sith or someone, in a class quest triggered by reaching the dark tier, and would have a choice to become a sith and leave the jedi. He could get a new master, or become one himself(if jedi/sith). Perhaps, the new sith would get mara abilities if he was before a sentinel(just a example), and would get the chance to learn how to use these abilities in some moderately easy missions. Then, he could become a full sith. These class changes would be to the mirror class, and could happen from sith to pub, or vice versa. So, sent to mara, merc to commando, etc. The story and missions would have to be manipulated to make it a seemless transition, with some dramatic cutscenes perhaps (I'm thinking something like anakin vowing himself to sidious). The character might kill his companions, take them with him if they agreed, or send them away. Thats pretty much it, with the character serving his new faction. I am not sure whether the switch could be in mid-game or end, or both.

This is not a polished idea, but..... if anyone has any suggestions, post away.

that actually could be fun.

they could add the ability to re-run the class quests on the "new" faction, so you can gain the new companions, and experience the story from a different perspective. The rewards could be based on current level, or commendations (dailies perhaps, instead of planet appropriate.), so your not losing by playing the opposite fraction instead of "grinding" dailies.

I bet they'd get a ton of positive responses from that option. Interesting idea OP!

that actually could be fun.

they could add the ability to re-run the class quests on the "new" faction, so you can gain the new companions, and experience the story from a different perspective. The rewards could be based on current level, or commendations (dailies perhaps, instead of planet appropriate.), so your not losing by playing the opposite fraction instead of "grinding" dailies.

I bet they'd get a ton of positive responses from that option. Interesting idea OP!

yeah, or have new class quests. nice ideas.