The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Key Binding help

Fungilla

In my current set up I have a number of abilities bound, but still have to cycle through my quickslot bars in order to use all of them.

Does anyone know of a way to bind abilities more directly?

Ideally, I'd like to have some fighting abilities mapped to my mouse--I have a Naga Epic-and reserve other keys for quick buffs.

I was hoping there would be a way to do this that doesn't require the buffs to be displayed in order for them to be used...is that asking too much?

In my current set up I have a number of abilities bound, but still have to cycle through my quickslot bars in order to use all of them.

Does anyone know of a way to bind abilities more directly?

Ideally, I'd like to have some fighting abilities mapped to my mouse--I have a Naga Epic-and reserve other keys for quick buffs.

I was hoping there would be a way to do this that doesn't require the buffs to be displayed in order for them to be used...is that asking too much?

just macro all your buffs to one button. I have all my buffs macro'd to my mouse, same with all my defensive cooldowns, and all my aoe attacks. this takes up 3 buttons of my 17 on my mouse. and I can leave all my buffs, aoe & defensive cooldowns on sidebars

How would I set up a macro? I thought this game didn't allow them. Plus do you get sidebars from an interface mod?

with your naga mouse u can program it to do more then one ability. open up Razer Synapse and click on macros. make sure you know where you have the abilities you want to macro keybinded to. say you have 3 abilities u want to macro keybinded to Shift 1, Shift 2 & Shift 3. On synapse after naming macro (if all abilities are instant click no delay) if they arent instant i suggest using default delay 1.000. then hit record then hit your keybinds Shift 1, Shift 2 & Shift 3 then hit stop record. Then click back to mouse on synapse and hit go to side view. click on mouse number you want to assign the macro. click button assignment to open drop box click macro. then everytime you hit that mouse button it will do all 3 skills as long as they arent on cooldown.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

Perhaps you could enlighten one more thing for me. Do the abilities have to be actively displayed (i.e. showing on my tool bar for me to activate the macro) or can I trigger them just using the macro key, while they're on a non-displayed quickslot bar (kinda like toggling auto run or target nearest enemy)?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to key binding and just trying to wrap my head around this system. Thanks for all your advice.

Perhaps you could enlighten one more thing for me. Do the abilities have to be actively displayed (i.e. showing on my tool bar for me to activate the macro) or can I trigger them just using the macro key, while they're on a non-displayed quickslot bar (kinda like toggling auto run or target nearest enemy)?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to key binding and just trying to wrap my head around this system. Thanks for all your advice.

im pretty sure as long as you have the abilities keybinded the sidebar doesn't have to be shown. never tried it tho. cause the mouse is just reading the keybinds.

How would I set up a macro? I thought this game didn't allow them. Plus do you get sidebars from an interface mod?

And since nobody answered this, the extra quickslot bars are enabled in preferences.