PVP Gear Specs (LF opinions/advice)

Zombiee

I read SW forums often and accepted the idea that BM & Rakata mix is better than full BM due to DR. I have achieved this with having only a few Rakata pieces in my pvp gear set but I want to know if my specs are roughly where they should be or if I need to change up a few things. I play Annhi 31/7/3

Specs

Fervent Battle Headgear (respirator mask 3 mod slot)

+ 108 STR

+ 112 END

+ 44 Crit

+ 48 Surge

BM Chestpiece

Rakata Gloves

BM Belt

Rakata Leggings

BM Main & offhand

BM Bracers

BM relics, implants & earpiece

Overall Main stats

1469 STR

1401 END

554 EXP

I do very well in pvp and absolutely love my Marauder but I know there is room for improvement. I don't do as much overall damage as I would like to (between 250k and 300k a game) But I am a more play to win type anyway.

Any advice or opinions on my gear set would be greatly appreciated

Overall Main stats

1469 STR

1401 END

554 EXP

I wear full BM apart from the matrix cube in my 2nd relic slot and my stats are

1457 STR

1363 END

653 EXP

So I don't really see your stats being an amazing upgrade for what you're losing.

1.2% damage/reduction doesn't seem like much but meh it's a trade off against 12 str and about 40 end, practically nothing both ways.

Main issue is you're losing our 4p set bonus, extra range on our finisher is an amazing bonus and I don't know why you'd give that up for anything, especially a minor stat gain. If anything maybe slot out 1 piece and keep the 4p BM bonus, and use rakata belt/wrists, not sure on the mix and how it should work but I've never felt the need to use anything other than PvP gear and I've never seen any player with a mix challenge me.

Also I noticed your helm was crit/surge, should be stacking power/surge in every enh slot you can, power is a far greater stat than anything else.

Regardless it's a pretty moot point anyway, with 1.2 expertise changes you'll want BM in every slot so unless you really care about gear for the next month I wouldn't stress over it.

31/3/7 is a better spec too imo.

31/3/7 is a better spec too imo.

This is very debatable. Rage has some nice 2nd tier stuff, on par with Carnage's 2nd tier, but Carnage's 1st tier wins. Ravager is fairly bleh compared to Defensive Forms and Offhand Mastery.

I run a 34/7/0 build, but to each their own.

This is very debatable. Rage has some nice 2nd tier stuff, on par with Carnage's 2nd tier, but Carnage's 1st tier wins. Ravager is fairly bleh compared to Defensive Forms and Offhand Mastery.

I run a 34/7/0 build, but to each their own.

Hence the "imo" in my statement.

The 2nd tier of carnage is pretty much garbage as is the 2nd tier of rage when you aren't either of those specs. Just being able to 3k crit heal on cc break I find to be amazingly handy and the best out of the 2 second tier trees.

Defensive forms is ok but nothing amazing. Honestly a 4% damage reduction against a small number of in game skills, I've used it, not used it, used it again and tbh there is no real difference whereas 1 of your only cc abilities of cd earlier(10s doesn't seem like alot but from exp it can be more gamebreaking than a slight damage reduction), extra root duration and a couple more force crit.

I suppose if you solo alot the defensives of carnage may be more appealing but as dps I always find the best defense is a strong offense and I'd rather maximise that. Cycling cds properly we can pretty much have a min of 20% damage reduction up for 2mins out of every 3, whats another 4% really. I cc break and heal for between 1.5-3k hp, there just regained 10-20% of my hp.

Each to their own of course but just make sure you test both ways.

The 2nd tier of carnage is pretty much garbage as is the 2nd tier of rage when you aren't either of those specs. Just being able to 3k crit heal on cc break I find to be amazingly handy and the best out of the 2 second tier trees.

Defensive forms is ok but nothing amazing. Honestly a 4% damage reduction against a small number of in game skills, I've used it, not used it, used it again and tbh there is no real difference whereas 1 of your only cc abilities of cd earlier(10s doesn't seem like alot but from exp it can be more gamebreaking than a slight damage reduction), extra root duration and a couple more force crit.

I suppose if you solo alot the defensives of carnage may be more appealing but as dps I always find the best defense is a strong offense and I'd rather maximise that. Cycling cds properly we can pretty much have a min of 20% damage reduction up for 2mins out of every 3, whats another 4% really. I cc break and heal for between 1.5-3k hp, there just regained 10-20% of my hp.

Oh, I could care less about the damage reduction, it's the Fury building that defensive forms is good for.

I have tried many Anni specs, and I find that a 3k heal every 2 mins is good, but I like 30% less AoE damage more. It neuters a Rage Juggy and allows you to be in the thick of things a little longer.

What you said it correct though, to each their own. Swtor is not a cookie cutter game.

a) there is nothing garbage about a 30% reduction to aoe damage

b) defensive forms is for fury building, the damage reduction is irrelevant to why the talent is taken, particularly for annihilation where fury building is so much more important than in other specs

also, aside from malice, the tier 1 rage talents are utterly worthless for annihilation spec, yea, payback is nice and all, but its not worth getting to, you are essentially spending 4 points on it, and defensive forms + defensive roll are a much better use of 4 points

Edited by CrazyAl