GTM: Auto-split stack

Qonor

WoW had this. And maybe I just don't know how to do it in SWTOR. Say I have a stack of 80 of something. I don't want to list 80 at one price. I want to easily sell all of them, but in stacks of five, or perhaps 80 individual listings. This would greatly increase liquidity of items such as crew skill materials.

Shift-left-click on the stack and drag it and it will bring up a window to let you split it.

There is an odd quirk where it will put the name of the item into your chat window, so if you hit Enter instead of clicking on the button in the window, your character will "say" the name of the item you are splitting.

Edited by Kalabakk

If you hold shift+left click and drag the item, it opens up a window to allow seperation. Not exactly the most intuitive system but there is at least something for you.

Oh, didn't know you can use a right-click, too. And it seems to skip over that annoying bug I mentioned.

If you hold shift+left click and drag the item, it opens up a window to allow seperation. Not exactly the most intuitive system but there is at least something for you.

Shift-left-click on the stack and drag it and it will bring up a window to let you split it.

There is an odd quirk where it will put the name of the item into your chat window, so if you hit Enter instead of clicking on the button in the window, your character will "say" the name of the item you are splitting.

Isn't this just to split a stack? So I would have to split one off the stack of 80, and then list that one, split off one of the remaining 79, the list that one, split off one of the remaining 78, then list that one. If that's what you're suggesting, that is terrible and I'm not doing it. This is exactly what I do not want to do. WoW had a one/two-click method that would automatically do this. SWTOR should implement it.

Isn't this just to split a stack? So I would have to split one off the stack of 80, and then list that one, split off one of the remaining 79, the list that one, split off one of the remaining 78, then list that one. If that's what you're suggesting, that is terrible and I'm not doing it. This is exactly what I do not want to do. WoW had a one/two-click method that would automatically do this. SWTOR should implement it.

I think right now that's the only way to do it unfortunately.

I think right now that's the only way to do it unfortunately.

That's horrendous and I'm glad I posted this as a suggestion then. The GTM basically forces you to act like a Costco, by only selling in bulk.

Actually, shift-right click does work, and it doesn't put the item in chat. (BTW, The item in chat isn't a bug, it's to show other players items that you have)

Also, it doesn't split them off individually. There's a slider asking you how much you want to split off.

Edited by DaWaffle

I would like it if the GTN allowed partial sales of stacks.

I put a stack of 99 [Thing] for sale at a unit price of 45cr.

A buyer says "I want 12 of them" and gets just 12 of them, at 45cr each, leaving 88 for sale.

That way we don't have to split stacks at all.

Edit: Put "seller" where I meant "buyer".

Edited by Havokk

A seller says I want 12 of them and gets just 12 of them, leaving 88 for sale.

^^ is the best of the solutions i have seen posted about this "problem".

@op id really rather not see a billion stacks of one at the gtn, like we did in wow. even now there are a ton who will only buy single stacks even over multiples when listed. for example i always list in singles and multiples and many times people will buy 4+ singles instead of my 4 stacks, which is frankly annoying. besides, you are generally doing yourself a disservice by listing a ton of singles since your capped at 50 auctions per toon.

A seller says I want 12 of them and gets just 12 of them, leaving 88 for sale.

Wow, this would be even better!

^^ is the best of the solutions i have seen posted about this "problem".

@op id really rather not see a billion stacks of one at the gtn, like we did in wow. even now there are a ton who will only buy single stacks even over multiples when listed. for example i always list in singles and multiples and many times people will buy 4+ singles instead of my 4 stacks, which is frankly annoying. besides, you are generally doing yourself a disservice by listing a ton of singles since your capped at 50 auctions per toon.

Interesting. I did not know about the 50 auction limitation. At the end of the day, I just want my listings to sell. And they sell less often when I put up a giant stack.

Edited by Qonor

The only other problem with this is when you are REing. Biochem might be the only one really effected by this because sometimes you don't want to tear down all 15 of your blue med packs while you are trying to get the purple pattern.