The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lvl 41 vanguard pve?

xZeonx

i have a lvl 41 van, and i wanted to know what would be a good spec for pve. i mostly solo yet i feel like im not doing enough damage O.o im full ss build..

could i go assult or tac's or a hybrid with ss..also which amour should i be using? atm i have the lvl 40's def pvp set...i forget the name :PP

any help would be great! thanks guys <3! :)

i have a lvl 41 van, and i wanted to know what would be a good spec for pve. i mostly solo yet i feel like im not doing enough damage O.o im full ss build..

could i go assult or tac's or a hybrid with ss..also which amour should i be using? atm i have the lvl 40's def pvp set...i forget the name :PP

any help would be great! thanks guys <3! :)

In my opinion I don't think the hybrids are all that great for pve. Obviously Assault Spec does a LOT of damage and I've heard Tactics is a fairly decent leveling spec but I would miss Storm too much coming from a Guardian Main.

Shield Spec doesn't do a whole lot of dmg, if you're using Elara as your companion (which I say because most vanguards seem to) try putting her in her DPS stance. She'll still heal but will do more damage. I switch her back to her healing stance when I'm in tougher areas or bosses. As a shield spec I feel like this helps me get through more quest mobs quicker yet still be able to take on the "big nasties" when they pop up without having to switch companions. (Plus being a Doctor Who fan I love running around saving the galaxy with a companion with a brittish accent :-P )

If that doesn't get you to the results you are looking for, I would say try Taugrim's Iron Fist spec from the sticky. It should do more damage than full shield, but I feel like in PVE the shield chance talents are much more beneficial though as a Shield Spec because of Ammo Regen and Stock Strike CD resets. I wouldn't recommend anyone jumpin into the Carolina Parakeet spec (the Shield/Assault hybrid) because 1.2 is coming soon and breaks the spec.

Edited by Yamirashi

Yeah, PVP is where hybrids tend to thrive, few notable exceptions have made their way through into the PVE world successfully. As for strictly questing as a Vanguard with Elara the Iron Fist spec may work, but it skips out on quite a bit of shield because it was built for PVP which shields have limitations in. In PVE even questing, shield rating seems to help me quite a bit, and not just in survival but with the procs Vanguards get from shielding.

Yeah, PVP is where hybrids tend to thrive, few notable exceptions have made their way through into the PVE world successfully. As for strictly questing as a Vanguard with Elara the Iron Fist spec may work, but it skips out on quite a bit of shield because it was built for PVP which shields have limitations in. In PVE even questing, shield rating seems to help me quite a bit, and not just in survival but with the procs Vanguards get from shielding.

Iron Fist for PVE is no problem at all with Elara... I used it for Lvl 45-50 with no problem.

Look at Yojacks thread as well. His High Damage build works great for PVE too.

im gunna try this out, maybe next week..i ish need to pvp farm this weekend for warzone points for new pvp armour :D since i cant do it in the mornings my time because it takes to long xD!

now as far as the lvl 40's pvp set goes...which one should i get?? :o or should i just stay with my def set?

im gunna try this out, maybe next week..i ish need to pvp farm this weekend for warzone points for new pvp armour :D since i cant do it in the mornings my time because it takes to long xD!

now as far as the lvl 40's pvp set goes...which one should i get?? :o or should i just stay with my def set?

I went with Centurion (if I remember correctly). Then made sure I was upgrading with DPS mods.

Just keep in mind Vangaurd is supposed to be a steamroller, if you want a high DPS build you should have gone commando.

That being said, with one of the specs I mentioned plus PVP gear plus Elara you are pretty much immortal in PVE. Just takes a little longer to win some fights.

But you get to take on Champs and Bosses solo other can't even try. Just enjoy being able to do that while the Jedi's nearby watch in awe with jaws on the floor... :D