i need help with my builds

mariioow

Watchman is about using Zen, Cauterize and Overload Saber to stack and crit dots on your target, and do some minor healing in return.

Focus is about building up Force Sweep crits.

Right now, Watchman has better overall utility, though focus can give you some huge crits, and decent AoE damage. They both have their merits. The watchman dots won't give you huge numbers up front, but it's pretty consistent damage.

Edited by Kheg

Watchman is about using Zen, Cauterize and Overload Saber to stack and crit dots on your target, and do some minor healing in return.

Focus is about building up Force Sweep crits.

Right now, Watchman has better overall utility, though focus can give you some huge crits, and decent AoE damage. They both have their merits. The watchman dots won't give you huge numbers up front, but it's pretty consistent damage.

and what about combat?

Watchman is good for PVE

I recently switched from the combat tree (middle one) to watchman (left sided one)

Watchman is really nice IMO for PVE. the thing is you have to get used to watchman and know how to cycle the correct attacks off in order.

Combat tree takes a little bit longer to build your dps output. having to build your focus up to power your attacks. Having used combat myself i can say that combat is the weaker of the other two trees (this depends on your play style as well)

Focus is good dps and burst also pretty good for pvp. i havent tried focus right now but serveral guild members say they love it in pvp.

Also keep in my there is the skill retrainer so try different combos out and see how you like it

the below link is how i have my skills set up in the watchmen tree

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrorcGzZhG0M.1

The only change I would make to the posted build is to ditch Focused Pursuit for Watchguard if you are doing PVE. The reduction on Force Kick is extremely valuable, and you do not need increased movement speed in PVE (the NPCs for the most part just stand there and let you beat on them). There's also no reason to use Transcendence in PVE (at least, I never bother with it).

Force Kick on the other hand, when combined with Stasis and 0-range Force Leap, all of which are interrupts, can make it so an enemy elite literally cannot get off a single channeled attack (of which they have many). You can interrupt, interrupt, interrupt (while still doing great damage) and walk away from an elite fight without having taken any but the most trivial damage.

The rest of the posted build looks fine, though I have some points in Focus (it won't matter that much though since they're low level talents).