I have made a Sniper, what are some good specs/rotations? (PvP)

jitsuo

Your question is extremely tedious to answer.

31 pt Marksman, 31 pt Engineering, 31 pt Lethality, Marksman/Eng Hybrid, and Lethality/Eng Hybrid are all viable in the eyes of the Sniper community. The rotations are rather intuitive if you've played them via Solo PvE, although sites like Sithwarrior.com can help you out if you want even more information. Tibbel's spreadsheet in particular on that site can allow you to work on your rotations yourself.

Personally I prefer 31 pt Lethality, Lethality/Engi Hybrid, and 31 pt Marksman for PvP, as I think they both have advantages and disadvantages in different situations. Currently I run a 31/3/7 Marksman build for PvP and enjoy it a lot. For rotations, here is an excerpt from a previous PvP thread I wrote in. Really though, a lot of it is intuitive and subjective to the situation.

Highest DPS:

Relic > Adrenal > Target Acquired > SoS > RF > SoS > SoS > Ambush > FT

Delayed Burst:

Laze Target > Snipe > EP > Ambush > FT

Mobile DPS:

Snap Shot Snipe > FT, Leg Shot, Rifle Shots, Takedown, or Corrosive Dart

Basic Rotation:

SoS > Ambush > FT > Filler > Filler > Snipe > FT > and so on just like PvE

Edited by Ayestes

Your question is extremely tedious to answer.

31 pt Marksman, 31 pt Engineering, 31 pt Lethality, Marksman/Eng Hybrid, and Lethality/Eng Hybrid are all viable in the eyes of the Sniper community. The rotations are rather intuitive if you've played them via Solo PvE, although sites like Sithwarrior.com can help you out if you want even more information. Tibbel's spreadsheet in particular on that site can allow you to work on your rotations yourself.

Personally I prefer 31 pt Lethality, Lethality/Engi Hybrid, and 31 pt Marksman for PvP, as I think they both have advantages and disadvantages in different situations. Currently I run a 31/3/7 Marksman build for PvP and enjoy it a lot. For rotations, here is an excerpt from a previous PvP thread I wrote in. Really though, a lot of it is intuitive and subjective to the situation.

Thank you very much. I mostly need a baseline, I usually figure the nuances out myself :)

If you usually fill the nuances yourself.... why not make your own skill structure? Ha

Because I have zero knowledge about the class outside of the PvP skills that I know about. What the strong stats are, what each ability is used for, how certain mechanics work.

Spec+rotation gives me a sense of what the spec is supposed to do, so I use that to experiment and see what works well and what doesn't. I am not any good at ALL about giving myself a base to work from, but once I have that base I can build around it.