Dps Guardian or Dps Sage?

Matters

A lot of people here are in denial. Sage DPS craps all over Guardian DPS. It's no contest. Roll a Sage.
Ding ding ding ding we have a winnar.

So many (myself included) are making this about everything but what the original question asked. Sage vs Guardian DPS isn't a contest.

Having both a 50 Sage and a Guardian (among a few others) I know that people like you obviously havent played both.
I have and I agree 100% with him. Edited by SithEater

Ding ding ding ding we have a winnar.

So many (myself included) are making this about everything but what the original question asked. Sage vs Guardian DPS isn't a contest.

I have and I agree 100% with him.

I love this.

you spam a rumor without any specific data whatsoever (ignorant ranting at best), and even when people post real life examples of out DPS-ing other classes, you pick the only comment in this thread that is more basal then yours and use it as an example?

Laughable at best Pal. Try Harder.

There have been numerous examples of people in NM and HM Ops pulling and outpacing the other DPS classes on their Juggs. You can read them if you like. I don't feel like searching, but the evidence is there if you even took the time to seriously read posts in these forums.

Once 1.2 hits, we'll probably start to get some real data as a comparison. Guess we'll finally see. But so far, most of the naysayers don't bring a shred of proof. Just like you and stephen. You rely on undocumented opinions to fuel your own undocumented opinions.

I love this.

you spam a rumor without any specific data whatsoever (ignorant ranting at best),

Oh you mean other than my first hand experiences, which I should of course ignore because someone else said. Thats your "data"? Some said its so and that makes it true. OK lets try that, I am going to get it on with a super model! Wait no its not working. Of course if I told you I did you could tell others about my "data" right?

There have been numerous examples of people in NM and HM Ops pulling and outpacing the other DPS classes on their Juggs. You can read them if you like. I don't feel like searching, but the evidence is there if you even took the time to seriously read posts in these forums.
Why would I read someone else's OPINION who most likely hasn't played both...when I know what I see WHEN I ACTUALLY PLAY THEM BOTH ON A DAILY BASIS. (emphasis for the comprehension impaired)

Once 1.2 hits, we'll probably start to get some real data as a comparison. Guess we'll finally see. But so far, most of the naysayers don't bring a shred of proof. Just like you and stephen. You rely on undocumented opinions to fuel your own undocumented opinions.
Its all opinion at this point. The difference is I have actually played both and you haven't. YOU are relying on others opinions and spewing out what others has said as "data", meanwhile I HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYED THEM BOTH TO 50.

Keep relying on others to form your opinions for you and pretending their word is gospel simply cause you want to believe them. Me I am going by what my own two eyes have told me.

Guardian DPS Advantages:

Heavy armor

Ability to carry shield, focus, or generator

Close combat

DPS Sage Advantages:

Ranged fighting

Double the default defense (referring to deflection and parry)

CC

Stuns that are more effective than Guardians'

Healing ability may not be the greatest, but it is there

Speed boost

Overall in a one on one it can get rather tricky, if the Guardian can manage to stay close in, the Guardian is likely to emerge victorious (Sage still has a chance to win at this range but isn't likely to). If the Sage can keep the Guardian at a distance or worse still stay in the Guardian's dead zone 10.01 meters to 14.99 meters, they will win (and if in said dead zone they won't have a scratch on them).

In a group situation there are only 2 real perks for a DPS guardian from a PvE standpoint.

1. Low generation of threat, making them generally ignored, this is partially negated because they can get caught in area effect attacks because they are melee.

2. They can off tank in an emergency.

DPS sages have more advantages from both PvE and PvP.

1. Ranged attacks, unless a boss can focus on them they can sit back an attack from a distance.

2. Emergency heals

3. Some attacks will actually slow enemies down.

4. An actual CC skill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.