The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

End Game Jugg DPS

Kalgodric

I see alot of talk about Jugg DPS in PvP...what about PvE?

Does anyone play a Jugg dps in HM ops?

If so how do you stack up with others in your raid? IE:Merc

What is your build?

We're generally slower, but not by much really. If you're group can wait like 5-10 extra seconds for a kill, there shouldn't be a problem. It definitely depends on the gear though. Jugs are extremely gear dependent. They can DPS well contrary to popular belief, I do it quite often, it's just that most times people want to DPS with a Marauder or BH because they have the speed factor and burst damage. Vengeance Jugs are more about sustained damage. We don't have huge bursts, but we can consistently deal damage over 1k without burning out. My jug hits freakin hard in PVE situations, that much I'm sure of, but PVP is a another story.

DPS is fine. You just need to understand how the rotation works and know when to pop dps cd's and what not.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1010MZfRrR0uddGoZG.1

Heres an outline for what I use. Yes, i understand the dots don't do a whole lot, but in longer fights in hardmodes they do help your dps. For the dot from impale, it is actually quite a significant amount of damage once you get some decent gear. There are 3 points to do whatever you want with. You can even take the one point out of accuracy and move it to something else, i used it to get to the next tier.

The beauty of this spec is if you take deafening defense at the top of the tree, all you have to do is hop into tank stance and put tanking gear on and voila, you have an offtank.

Edited by Mystys

I second Mystys comments. Jugg's do great DPS. If you browse the forum enough, and filter out all the ignorant comments, you'll find timed tests done by end game teams playing HM's that show Juggs being quite competitive.

Most the "Juggs do poor DPS" are based solely on anecdotal comments. i.e. opinion rarely supported with any facts at all.

yeah you're pretty much gonna end up going vengeance, once you figure out the reotation (and i guess easiest way to describe it is like stacking the deck), you're gold. Relative to playing other dps classes the whole never running out of energy part of it is priceless, the damage isn't bad either.

DPS is fine. You just need to understand how the rotation works and know when to pop dps cd's and what not.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1010MZfRrR0uddGoZG.1

Heres an outline for what I use. Yes, i understand the dots don't do a whole lot, but in longer fights in hardmodes they do help your dps. For the dot from impale, it is actually quite a significant amount of damage once you get some decent gear. There are 3 points to do whatever you want with. You can even take the one point out of accuracy and move it to something else, i used it to get to the next tier.

The beauty of this spec is if you take deafening defense at the top of the tree, all you have to do is hop into tank stance and put tanking gear on and voila, you have an offtank.

So I ran a very similar build trying to dps with my Jugg, but the numbers just dont seem to add up even with the dots. IE: My Merc is hitting 2k normal TM hits with 4-5k crits, this is my spam attack if you will my other attacks Railshot HSM hit alot harder ive seen 8.5k crits with RS alone...and my Jugg attacks do somewhere in the 1k and maybe 2k crits (expeption being big attacks like shatter which are on a longer cooldown) add that to the DOT ticks (not very big damage although more over time) and it doesn't seem to come close to the over all damage being pushed out by the merc, even if you just look at the spam TM.

What rotation are you using? I want to play my Jugg but after playing another dps class im having a hard time justifying bringing him into ops because of the massive dps difference :(

DPS Jugg, you really want a lot of Power and Surge. With Impale and Shatter, you should be getting a lot of Crits from Force Scream and Vicious Throw (pretty much auto-crits).

Rotation on Vengeance is really easy, and I think people don't actually understand the daI'm not sure about other people's numbers, but I hit for 4500-5200 on Vicious Throw (always Crits), 3500 damage plus about 800 damage from DoTs from Force Screams (always Crits).

I weave Ravage in and clip it after the second hit which also seems like it always crits. I'm not sure with the changes in patch 1.2 if we will be able to clip it anymore though or if it's just uninterruptable by other classes.

With vengeance you get a very even, sustained dmg - you won't run out of attacks to use. And it's definatly great dps overall.

Rage in PvE is much harder and your rotation/rage management has got to be well thought through. According to parsers from 1.2 rage jugg comes in top 3 in single target dps, and i dare say we're quite the AoE kings. As rage dps in PvE the 2 pieces columi/rakata bonus Will help alot with rage problems.