Random gear drops question.

Gazzaho

I'm currently playing a Bounty Hunter alt and 99% of drops I get, green or otherwise, are useless as they are only usable by a Sith Inquisitor class, as in willpower stats. In contrast I've only picked up 3 pieces of green chest armor with aim attributes and 1 purple which is level 16 and which I'm still using. I've picked up enough gear with willpower to fully equip an Inquisitor five times over in the time it's taken me to reach level 25.

If drops are random why the hell am I getting so much gear with willpower stats? Has anyone else experienced similar character unrelated item drop rates?

Another thing I've noticed is that green and blue drops, as few as blue ones are, happen more frequently at the start of a gaming session than towards the end of playing for a few hours, anyone else noticed this happen?

Edited by Gazzaho

I sympathize and I agree that the drops are a little too random. I think that in the early levels, the drop tables aren't focused enough to your class. Before level 25 or so you only have one companion but the drops seem to be the same as in the later part of the game when you have more companions who might benefit from the items. As it is many of the drops are not an improvement especially if you've picked up orange gear early on. It would be nice if the pool expanded as you leveled up and gained more companions but there may be some Technical limitation that precludes that type of system at the moment.

As for your observations, unless you are actually tracking the drops and keeping notes on the stats I think your figures are a little suspect. But random is random and sometimes that means a run of a certain kind of drop. If you track all of the drops you've had since you started playing on every toon, I am sure the spread would be a little more even.

About when the drops happen, again its a matter of perception. You may only be noticing them early on and paying less attention the longer you play. I find things in my inventory all the time I didn't realize I picked up. Just keep in mind these correlation's your noticing are limited to the moment you started paying attention, assuming you haven't actually been tracking the drops. So when you get streaks it can seem like random isn't random. I totally agree that the drop tables might need some work though.