leveling a healer

notoriousjrd

question for people who have leveled a healer through a majority of just questing through planets. do you find yourself multitasking and healing your companion as well as dps-ing, or do you find its still viable to allow your companion to do all damage and just focus on healing? is it time efficient to focus on healing alone? any comments or suggestions would help thanks in advance

After launch I leveled as combat medic from 1-50, sticking strictly to PvE content. I found that my role was dictated by which companion I had out at the time.

I rolled with Aric until I got to Balmorra as I recall, DPSing and healing where needed as the game up to that point is very easy. By the time you get to Balmorra you may find that you can't keep up healing Aric and youself at the same time, like I did. At that point I switched to Dorne, (who heals and CC's) and wound up doing the killing and only having to spot heal. That combo was fantastic up until level 40 or so, when stuff started taking forever to kill. At that point I switched back to a DPS companion, but was able to keep up with healing easily since I was that much farther up the skill tree.

Try to keep your gear and that of whatever companion you are leveling with current, that alone seems to have a big impact on how easy or hard the leveling content is. And don't forget to CC the elite in those nasty class story fights where you get "jumped".

Good luck and happy healing!