The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So how many players already switched to mara/sent for upcoming patch

Hardsteel

And every patch the same bs, people switching from one fotm class to another.

its' like "oh noez, I can't beat a Marauder past 1.2 anymore just spaming 1-3 buttons, me rerollz and pwnz". I definetely agree, that the Operative nerf (the 2nd one) is way too much and thy really need to give them some buffs (especially more skills) in order for them to be balanced and ,maybe even more important, fun to play, but everything else is pretty okay, a few tweaks here and there will probably come anyway, people freak out over nothing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are incorrectly assuming that I am level 15. My point is that this class which many state has a highly sensitive equipment gearing curve as well as a difficult learning curve is already more than competitive with extremely low equipment levels. Once it reaps the benefits of better equipment it outpaces other classes. Once players climb the learning curve that gap is magnified. And as I stated earlier, that learning curve is not that difficult. Some players are having difficulty with it because, well... they are doing it the hard way by memorizing keystrokes rather than understanding that the Mara/Sent actually has thematically fewer attacks than certain other classes. I'll leave it at that.

Not necessarily Macro. Now... I'm definitely not saying that you will/will not have an easier/harder time. the class may simply fit your playstyle well in this game. I've had plenty of people who play other classes great try out the Jugg/Mara and hate it. another guy in my guild just hit 50 on his second Maurader. My second jugg is 33 (first 50), and I'm rolling a third on another server. You may have found your niche.

Secondly, the ease of a class playing isn't dictated completely by their "OP" ness or lack thereof. ALL classes have it easy early on. There's a few points in the game where this difficulty ramps up. You will be cruising along fre as a bird, hit your next planet, and wonder why you are dying so much. jsut wait till you hit Voss and try out the silvers there...I think I was taking about twice as much damage just going from the previous planet to there.

And lastly, before you go calling the Mara "easyto level" try out either A: a PT bounty hunter, or B: an Assassin inquisitor. compared to my Jugg, I almost fall asleep playing those classes. So the ultimate result is play more before coming to that decision. Just because a class plays easy now does not mean they will be easy later on.

on the flip side, although my juggs got more difficult to play later on, leveling became easier as I got used to all their new skills. both the mara and Jugg are fantastic classes when you get them down.

FYI...just about all the classes can solo heroic 2+ on level if you play them well.

Edited by Elyx