ssra question

honsolo

i have seen that SSRA toggles are considered discriminatory language. I have a 9 yo daughter that plays and i would rather her not be presented the option of ssra's. why is it discriminatory for me to want a way to filter, what i consider inappropriate material, for my child. She has a classmate that has a sexual orientation that we are discussing and we tell her to treat him no different, but that we do not believe in same gender relationships. why not offer me the option to enjoy your product without the homosexual element? I am not afraid, i do not hate, i do not want to deny those that want those elements. I want a filter that allows me to opt out in its participation.

Also this isn't limited to this issue we also told her that till she is 12 and more informed she must play light-side and make light-side choices. This is the way we are choosing to parent, it isn't because i fear the dark-side, or i hate the dark-side, or want to deny others the dark-side and if i could filter out the violent choices, i would do so for her sake.

I realize this is a mature title and i am exposing my child to it. I would just like some help in screening what my child is exposed to till she is older. Please consider an opt out ability for those that do not want the option of homosexuality in their game. In order to make it non discriminatory i would also welcome the ability to opt out of RA's all together from my account sign-in page here on the website.

Greetings honsolo!

As stated in "Same gender relationships clarifications?", discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed.

In the interest of the above, we are closing this thread. If you have questions or concerns regarding this, we ask that you please send an email CommunitySupport@swtor.com.

Thank you for your understanding.