Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with others replies when I see how frenzied people can become, demanding more than what they were promised. They hear, "Play up to 7 days early," and they instantly expect to play the game on the 13th, with no questions asked and no hesitation. These people need to relax and let the EGA take its respective course, because trolling about it like mad lunatics is doing nothing for but making them look like immature children. Show some respect.

I'll admit that I was a little down when I hadn't received my email this morning, but that's okay. Because having paid for the game, I know I will play it eventually, and more than likely by Friday.

Honestly I find the EA and Bioware are doing a tremendous job with what they have done thus far and look forward to the masterpiece that they have collectively gave birth to. So I would like to say on behalf of the mature fans and gamers out there, thank you EA/Bioware and keep up the great work.

Yet early access is meant to be 5 days as well

This dude pre-ordered yesterday.

No preordered on August .... my point is about how wrong this policy is.

DAY 1: Preorder now and play up to 5 days....

DAY 1 before launch: You are screwed we are gonna invite you according to when you redeemed ...hahahahahhahaha

PS The other get to play 7 days before store release.... hahahhaha

Anyway .....this is just my personal opinion.

I'd have to agree that BioWare DID mess up in communication.

When the game first was released, they announced that you could pre-order it and sign up for early access.

At no immediate point was it emphasized how important it was that you put in the code AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Only later with FAQs and threads have we learned the process that we know today. Otherwise I would have ordered and entered my code ASAP.

And that didn't happen.

I ordered in August but didn't put my code in until September.

Boo.

So in effect, I do find there was some unfairness on the lack of communication about the entire process from the beginning. But at this point in the game, is there anything BioWare can do to dispel that? I doubt it. They can't let everyone access the servers right away.

_________

I find it funny that people are angry though about signing up yesterday and not being allowed in today because "they are a paying customer".

When I stand in line at McDonalds, I'm a paying customer.. why do I have to stand in line.. they should TAKE MY ORDER NOWWWW!!!! GRRRRR..

Well of course they can't, and I have to wait in line to respect those that came before me.

The same goes here. Although it's electronic, if EVERYONE had access right now, the authentication servers would die, then nobody could get access. This is thanks to everyone chomping at the bit at the same time. By having waves of access they simulate people logging on at different times as to distribute the load evenly across their servers.

It makes sense.

Unless you really are that jerk that pushes their way through the lines at McDonalds 'because you are a paying customer'.. :-p