The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stockstrike vs. High Impact Bolt

sideburnjack

I have been reviewing the general tanking guides found on the internet for rotations and tanking skill trees and found a perplexing issue.

There are two talents on the skill tree, Brutal Impact and Heavy Stock, that require 2 skill points and either one would be helpful for tanking. Different guides place these 2 skill points in either Brutal Impact or Heavy Stock.

My question is which talent is better? Increasing Brutal Impact is good because High Impact Bolt is a strong attack but Stockstrike is used a lot in tanking and would make since to make that skill stronger.

I'm no expert in SWTOR tanking; does anyone have an opinion of which talent is better?

I think the stockstrike one is better. There are talents in the Shield tree that allows it to be used, theoretically, every 4.5 secs due to shield absorptions. Due to the frequent use of this ability I would put my points so stockstrike would hit harder.

I have been reviewing the general tanking guides found on the internet for rotations and tanking skill trees and found a perplexing issue.

There are two talents on the skill tree, Brutal Impact and Heavy Stock, that require 2 skill points and either one would be helpful for tanking. Different guides place these 2 skill points in either Brutal Impact or Heavy Stock.

My question is which talent is better? Increasing Brutal Impact is good because High Impact Bolt is a strong attack but Stockstrike is used a lot in tanking and would make since to make that skill stronger.

I'm no expert in SWTOR tanking; does anyone have an opinion of which talent is better?

Truth is, you're going to use both, early and often. Stockstrike is wonderful, HIB is bread-and-butter for Assault and many hybrid builds. I use both talents myself, since Assault builds can proc HIB freebies repeatedly and Stockstrike is the best way to set them up.