Gearing up at 50 (PVP)

Arunak

Hi,

I just hit 50 on my marauder late yesterday - this will be my first 50.

I pvp-ed quite a bit when leveling up, and am on the verge of Lvl 50 valor (capped at 49). I also had one champion bag in the bank and 1K of merc and WZ commendations, with which I purchased 5 more. So I have a total of 42 champ commendations, and 90 centurion commendations.

What would be the recommendation for the first pieces that I should buy ? I have artifice as my main profession, and have the lvl 49 advanced hilt (543 force power ones) on my weapons. I also bought the +25 and +17 expertise weapons along the way, so I have atleast some nominal expertise on my weapons (42 total).

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

I continually bought the best upgrades with my cent comms and my first champ purchase was my chest. Running around in anything less is a huge target on your back. The chest at least makes you look like a force at quick glance.

Hi,

I just hit 50 on my marauder late yesterday - this will be my first 50.

I pvp-ed quite a bit when leveling up, and am on the verge of Lvl 50 valor (capped at 49). I also had one champion bag in the bank and 1K of merc and WZ commendations, with which I purchased 5 more. So I have a total of 42 champ commendations, and 90 centurion commendations.

What would be the recommendation for the first pieces that I should buy ? I have artifice as my main profession, and have the lvl 49 advanced hilt (543 force power ones) on my weapons. I also bought the +25 and +17 expertise weapons along the way, so I have atleast some nominal expertise on my weapons (42 total).

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Your first 2 champ purchases should be MH and OH, everything after that is build to suit.

I continually bought the best upgrades with my cent comms and my first champ purchase was my chest. Running around in anything less is a huge target on your back. The chest at least makes you look like a force at quick glance.

Oddly enough I did the opposite and bought everything I could while hiding under a heavily modded orange chest. I find people tend to back off from a fight much faster if they think I have gear. In my experience I had less focus on me when people thought I was a wuss.

Oddly enough I did the opposite and bought everything I could while hiding under a heavily modded orange chest. I find people tend to back off from a fight much faster if they think I have gear. In my experience I had less focus on me when people thought I was a wuss.

Prior to getting my chest I was first targeted over and over. It's nothing I don't do myself right now. I blend in much better now and can get to work. My first character was a sorc and I was among the first to be rockin BM. This time around I hit 50 and it was terrible, but a guildie told me to grab my chest first to mix in. Worked like a charm

Two cent relics would be the first things I picked up. Save the champ tokens for weapons. From there I'd just replace whatever provided the biggest stat upgrades in order.

I'm going to put my two cents in here and say that you shouldn't get two cent relics since getting the matrix cube relic is pretty easy and is essentially free, and I personally consider it to be stronger.

Relic > Main hand/off hand > armor > implants/ear

Get one champ (+power i suggest) relic..then go gather green shards and make the str/end/crit matrix cube.

Now I did the opposite and went implants/ear first. I regret that now because at valor 60, getting Bm ear and implants is ridiculously easy (600/600 coms). The best thing for a marauder is weapons. I noticed the best improvement with my performance when I got my champion weapons and later my BM weapons. So save those champion coms after you buy your relic and get that main hand weapon ASAP. Use the centurion comms and gear up until you can replace pieces with champion, after your weapon purchase.

Two cent relics would be the first things I picked up. Save the champ tokens for weapons. From there I'd just replace whatever provided the biggest stat upgrades in order.

Never do that, get champ relics that have Exp not just endurance, thats just fail...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.