The new patch is just GREAT - can't wait for it!

Sacateca

EDIT: thanks for support from all full madness Sorcs... You guys will rule the chessboard ... :cool:

Im happy with those new changes and I just don't understand why everybody crying. :confused:

More dmg to my dots ... its just awesome, even now I feel Im super OP. But after the new patch, my dots will do even more dmg... this is NOT nerf at all, its actually pretty damn hard buff ... :cool:

Full Madness Sorc must be happy ...

Its just about time when all those hybrids Sorcs actually realised, that theres absolutely new world of gameplay, where force lighting is only instrument to proc wrath while your opponent is rooted by your Creeping terror, desperately looking at you - can't do absolutely nothing, dying while being dotted by all your dots boosted by death field ... :D

And instead of being dmged, we are actually healed by all our dots ... (Parasitism) its like the best pocket healer ever.

Thank you BW ... great patch is coming xD

Edited by Sacateca

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, suggesting that somehow you rise above the fray because you have a full madness build and it makes you uber strong is remarkably unintelligent. Most good papers will eat you for breakfast with a full madness build. DOTs only kill stupid players or players who are focused (and you really aren't the cause of their demise in such event. The burst classes are).

In football terms, Patch 1.2 is to Sorcerers what Tim Tebow is to the Jets. A player with a weak arm that will only be played by a good team if they have no fallback. But what a fantastic benchwarmer he is!

With all due respect, suggesting that somehow you rise above the fray because you have a full madness build and it makes you uber strong is remarkably unintelligent. Most good papers will eat you for breakfast with a full madness build. DOTs only kill stupid players or players who are focused (and you really aren't the cause of their demise in such event. The burst classes are).

In football terms, Patch 1.2 is to Sorcerers what Tim Tebow is to the Jets. A player with a weak arm that will only be played by a good team if they have no fallback. But what a fantastic benchwarmer he is!

Im just saying that Im happy with the new buff ... Im doing pretty well with full madness spec ... and I wanted to share my happiness ... nothing more, noting less ... ;)

The forum is full of crying kids ... was time for change ...

Im just saying that Im happy with the new buff ... Im doing pretty well with full madness spec ... and I wanted to share my happiness ... nothing more, noting less ... ;)

The forum is full of crying kids ... was time for change ...

No one is crying but it's obvious you don't understand the full breadth of these changes because this is not a buff, at all. Even to full madness.

The only "buff" is that crushing darkness' dots are now affected by the wrath proc which is a bug fix, not a buff in the first place.

The nerfs include no more CL on wrath which kills the hybrid spec. Less dmg and crit from talents in the lower tiers of madness and healing gets gutted.

You have no idea what you're talking about and are oblivious and don't understand the mechanics of the class obviously.

Taking away our burst potential and relying more on dots is ineffective in pvp. PVP is about burst and kills, not overall dmg which can be negated through purges/cleanses which any decent player will understand.

No one is crying but it's obvious you don't understand the full breadth of these changes because this is not a buff, at all. Even to full madness.

The only "buff" is that crushing darkness' dots are now affected by the wrath proc which is a bug fix, not a buff in the first place.

The nerfs include no more CL on wrath which kills the hybrid spec. Less dmg and crit from talents in the lower tiers of madness and healing gets gutted.

You have no idea what you're talking about and are oblivious and don't understand the mechanics of the class obviously.

Taking away our burst potential and relying more on dots is ineffective in pvp. PVP is about burst and kills, not overall dmg which can be negated through purges/cleanses which any decent player will understand.

I do understand that Im having fun in PvP with full madness spec.

I do understand that Im OK with the way it works.

I do understand that Im always toping the dmg chart ... so Im not actually that bad causal player

I do understand that Im not a pro ... I have actually a life to live ... and work, and family etc.

thats it ... I don't need to understand why is this so bad (from your point of view) if it just simply work the way I expect it to work ... and Im kind happy with changes they will bring to the game ... :p

I do understand that Im having fun in PvP with full madness spec.

I do understand that Im OK with the way it works.

I do understand that Im always toping the dmg chart ... so Im not actually that bad causal player

I do understand that Im not a pro ... I have actually a life to live ... and work, and family etc.

thats it ... I don't need to understand why is this so bad (from your point of view) if it just simply work the way I expect it to work ... and Im kind happy with changes they will bring to the game ... :p

That's perfectly fine if that works for you. Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

There have been plenty of theorycrafting and pro pvp players that have discussed this on these forums and many others. Those "experts" believe this is a significant nerf. Your opinion does not change that.

My point was to put your perspective into the opinion category and not lead people astray.

Also topping the charts as a AOE ranged dps class means nothing including a referendum on your skill level. You should be topping the charts. No one is saying you're bad. It's just that your assessment of the upcoming changes conflict with most everyone else's and you didn't mention 90% of the changes, just the one to the dots which is insignificant in the scheme of things. This leads me to believe you play with rose colored glasses on and are not paying much attention to things other than you're topping the charts so all must be good.

This is not the end of the world but it is a significant change to our hybrid spec which 90% of good pvp'ers run nowadays and removes the only burst we had. From a pvp perspective, this is not a good thing and will hinder our options and effectiveness in a rated environment significantly.

That's perfectly fine if that works for you. Like I said, ignorance is bliss.

There have been plenty of theorycrafting and pro pvp players that have discussed this on these forums and many others. Those "experts" believe this is a significant nerf. Your opinion does not change that.

My point was to put your perspective into the opinion category and not lead people astray.

Also topping the charts as a AOE ranged dps class means nothing including a referendum on your skill level. You should be topping the charts. No one is saying you're bad. It's just that your assessment of the upcoming changes conflict with most everyone else's and you didn't mention 90% of the changes, just the one to the dots which is insignificant in the scheme of things. This leads me to believe you play with rose colored glasses on and are not paying much attention to things other than you're topping the charts so all must be good.

This is not the end of the world but it is a significant change to our hybrid spec which 90% of good pvp'ers run nowadays and removes the only burst we had. From a pvp perspective, this is not a good thing and will hinder our options and effectiveness in a rated environment significantly.

You actually do realise that those other changes does not affect my gameplay at all?

From my point of view ... the ignoramus is the one, who blindly cling on one build and is not able to adapt to new things ... think about it ... while crying and using the big words like EXPERTS ... sorry, I lolled ...

Mmmm, do note that I was really only addressing the PvE ramifications in that article. PvP is an area I'm not nearly as experienced in (Valor 28), so I generally only comment on relatively general topics in PvP. I could certainly see the loss of CL (and the burst that accompanies it) being a far bigger deal in PvP than PvE.

Mmmm, do note that I was really only addressing the PvE ramifications in that article. PvP is an area I'm not nearly as experienced in (Valor 28), so I generally only comment on relatively general topics in PvP. I could certainly see the loss of CL (and the burst that accompanies it) being a far bigger deal in PvP than PvE.

The derp's don't understand that. They see something positive and apply it across the board. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Fastest way to prove you know nothing about sorcs or Madness specs-

Call parasitism the equivalent of having a pocket healer.

Still, I gotta give OP some credit- most marauders like him who come here to try to act like nothing's wrong with the class don't even bother learning the correct names of the abilities, much less the talents.

6/10

Fastest way to prove you know nothing about sorcs or Madness specs-

Call parasitism the equivalent of having a pocket healer.

Still, I gotta give OP some credit- most marauders like him who come here to try to act like nothing's wrong with the class don't even bother learning the correct names of the abilities, much less the talents.

6/10

When you respec, and when u get 1% of your max. HP every time your dot crit ... and when you use your dots on players on your screen you will realise ... WTH? Im healed like 500 hp per sec :D then you will start think about the wrong way you went with the hybrid spec ....

Sure ... In PvP its acctualy not that bad at all, since FL is used only for warth proc ... theres like so lil dps loss ... I even tryed to pvp with full madnes without "Disintegration" ... the result was pretty much same ....

I just dont get it ... Im playing fire mage in WoW ... when I switch to SWTOR and play my Madness Sorc I feel like Im in heaven ... the CT is dream skill ... Use your cooldowns right and in 1v1 full BM dudes dies to my 1/2 centurion chapion sorc ... no need to say more ...

the scary thing is, the hybrid spec is still as good as madness if not better...

I just dont get it ... I did start with hybrid as all did ... but then I just realized its not that good at all ... I mean ... CL on wraht proc ... NICE ... but in 1v1 fight, where I play chess ... its like nothink ... I need crowd controll, kite, and insta skills I can use while Im running away from the big burst other classes got ...

Crushing darkness - 15 seconds cooldown.

Creeping Terror - 9 seconds cooldown.

Purge - "Purges a friendly target of up to 2 negative mental or Force effects." - 5 seconds cooldown.

How you ever come up with "my dots are on a shorter cooldown than their purge" is beyond me. Then again to be fair, 80% of sorcs I've seen in PVP doesn't seem to remember they have purge on their bars.

Crushing darkness - 15 seconds cooldown.

Creeping Terror - 9 seconds cooldown.

Purge - "Purges a friendly target of up to 2 negative mental or Force effects." - 5 seconds cooldown.

How you ever come up with "my dots are on a shorter cooldown than their purge" is beyond me. Then again to be fair, 80% of sorcs I've seen in PVP doesn't seem to remember they have purge on their bars.

theres the game part you know ...

if they use it ... you can still set up full dots orchestra with DF folowing by Electrocute

If they dont, their fault (80% of Sorc do NOT use purge on my server)

EDIT: dont forget spammable Affliction please ...

Edited by Sacateca

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I know you can easily keep up affliction and stuff yes. I'm not saying it's impossible to keep up dots. I'm just pointing out a flaw in a previous post where he stats his dots are on a shorter cooldown than purge is, which is completely untrue.