Crafting question

Tojamn

I think i have a read most the info posted about 1.2.

I know the general response is "working as intended" but. I have multiple toons and am on getting my 4th level 50.

My Armstech has customizable schematics which all require the boss drop purple ingredient. While most the high level Blue schematics and some Purple achieved through reverse engineering (lvl 49 barrels) use a Purple ingredient gotten from "Investigation" Rich and Bountiful missions..

now

My Cybertech, the high level items (armor mods for customizable gear) require an ingredient " Mandolorian Iron" I have not gotten any Mandalorian Iron from rich or bountiful missions, The only way i can get my hands on it is to buy the 340 missions off the market or buy the resource off the market both for an exaggerated high price.

Question: is the drop rate for rich and bountiful grade 6 missions being looked at or will be forever stuck with the current situation regarding mandalorian iron?

I have absolutely no problem getting all the grade 6 purple i need for my barrels. Is why i ask..

Finally,

Is crafting being looked at as a whole? I ask because.

Ive noticed that some crafting professions use their set resources, example: armstech, scavenging and investigation. I have not had to go to other crating like Underworld trading for anything. While My sythweaver requires some scavenging materials for the schematics and I think its Synthweaving, archaeology and underworld trading.

So just wondering if crafting was being looked at to be rebalanced so schematics are using the materials and gathering skills missions are dropping the right resource and the right amount.

thank you in advance and i apologize if this issue has already been discussed, i did not see it anywhere.

My Cybertech, the high level items (armor mods for customizable gear) require an ingredient " Mandolorian Iron" I have not gotten any Mandalorian Iron from rich or bountiful missions, The only way i can get my hands on it is to buy the 340 missions off the market or buy the resource off the market both for an exaggerated high price.

Pretty sure you can also get Mando Iron if you get a crit success on a regular mission. Not 100% sure on that, but right now I have 14 of them in storage and I think I have only run maybe 3 of the (UT 340 purple) missions. I honestly haven't been paying close attention though, so it could be it all came from those. I'm a Consular and so I do know that I almost always send Zenith out on my UT missions as he gets a bonus to crit rate on UT.

Question: is the drop rate for rich and bountiful grade 6 missions being looked at or will be forever stuck with the current situation regarding mandalorian iron?

Pretty sure there is no such thing in the game as rich/bountiful at Tier 6 UT, that the missions labeled that way are a labeling error. Something to that extent in the PTS patch notes.

Ive noticed that some crafting professions use their set resources, example: armstech, scavenging and investigation. I have not had to go to other crating like Underworld trading for anything. While My sythweaver requires some scavenging materials for the schematics and I think its Synthweaving, archaeology and underworld trading.

Yeah I've noticed that too, of all the professions synthweaving seems to be the only one (that I've run across at least) in which you literally can't be self-sufficient by taking the 2 corresponding professions listed in the codex. You CAN be self-sufficient if all you craft are light armor items, but as soon as you try to do anything that is medium or heavy armor, you require materials impossible for you to gain yourself.

Pretty sure there is no such thing in the game as rich/bountiful at Tier 6 UT, that the missions labeled that way are a labeling error. Something to that extent in the PTS patch notes.

I dont know whats on the test server is why i asked but no matter which toon i log on to do crafting i see this.

Grade 1: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

Grade 2: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

Grade 3: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

Grade 4: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

Grade 5: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

Grade 6: moderate, abundant, bountiful or rich "Insert resource or companion gift here"

I do know its random what you will see in the individual mission windows. sometimes all the missions will be moderate and sometimes it will be a mix..

I run rich and bountiful investigation missions all the time and get all the purple ingredients i need for my 49 barrels. When i run the rich and bountiful underworld trading missions i dont get any mando iron at all.

hence why i said the only way i can get my hands on it is from buying missions or buy the iron on the market. its really a pain to get my hands on considering how much i need it.

Edited by Tojamn

The Mandalorion Iron does drop from the crit grade 6 underworld trading missions, assuming you pick the metals, not cloth. But the crits are rare, that's true. Not sure if they are more rare than any other trading mission crits though.

Considering you use them for Cybertech, may I suggest ignoring the mods and armoring mods? For them you require 4 iron, way too much since you can very easily get the higher rated armorings from daily commendations and fairly easy get the mods by doing a heroic daily at Belsavis. The mods and armoring cybertech are useless and way too expensive as it is on live now. However, if the Rakata lvl mods and armoring mods can be learned fairly easy by cybertech (and doesn't require 10 of the same mod reverse engineering to actually learn it) it just might be worth the trouble.

Currently I am only using the Mandalorion Iron for purple droid recipes I learned and ship components (though I think it's only the Kuat Drive plans that use them). Could save a couple to make the BoE speeders when available for an alt or 2, but I sincerely doubt those are going to sell. Cybertech is not a good profession for selling anything it seems.

I have received Mandalorian Iron from the following level 6 UT missions:

Well-Earned Rest - Ran this mission 19 times and have had critical success 4 times for 3 iron each.

No Redeeming Value - Ran this mission 8 times with one critical success yielding 2 iron.

I'll admit I've never done investigation. But for all the mission skills I *have* done, purple mats come from crits from any mat mission of that base type. Not just "Bountiful" or "Rich". (or from purple mission discoveries, obviously)

Mandalorian Iron will drop in any grade 6 "underworld metal" mission on a crit. Just like the purple grade 6 fabric will drop in any grade 6 "underworld fabric" mission on a crit. Doesn't have to be bountiful or rich.

Or like the grade 5 purple metal will drop in any grade 5 underworld metal mission on a crit.

I was having the same issue with the Mandalorian Iron. I was relying on a guildie who happened to hit it every time. But I kept sending my guys out, and Gault (toon is a BH), who has a under world trading bonus starting bringing it in finally. Bringing in a lot actually now, so I am stockpiling.

So I suggest, be patient and keep sending them out.

hey MODERATORS and DEVS or who ever moved this thread!!!!!

My crafting question was in regards to update 1.2 that is on the Current PTS

I know how the crafting is working on the live server. I wanted to know if things got adjusted or fixed in update 1.2.

HENCE why i made the thread THERE in the public test section, and NOT Here!!!

guess this just reiterates why i avoid forums for any MMO. ya ask a couple questions pertaining a current patch/update and it gets misunderstood and moved without the questions being answered.

just askin

thanks

Edited by Tojamn