Anybody else come to the forums for fun?

Russlem

I've been playing since the early access and was on the forums during the open beta. I remember coming to the forums to hear about early discoveries, theory on rotations etc. Over the last couple months the forums have turned from a place of good information to a three ring circus I just can't get enough of. Not to say you can't find some really awesome info here anymore, the devs are just good at stickying them so you don't have to look for the good info.

I read all the class and PTR forums especially. After hours of reading between my classes I can only come to one conclusion about SWTOR: they've struck that gold mark where every class in the game is the worst class in the game and totally useless to bring over every other class in every raid and pvp situation ever. If you haven't been reading all of the class forums, you should start. Its hilarious, especially now. But it makes me have two questions:

1) Am I the only person who comes to these forums just to see the Chicken Littles of every class and combo come here to claim that the utter uselessness of their class is making them cancel to play Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 or whatever?

2) What makes a bunch of clearly literate people act so unbelievably stupid as to not notice that every other class is complaining about being useless and terrible? Are they genuinely not cognizant that they've devolved into sad clown comedy?

1) Am I the only person who comes to these forums just to see the Chicken Littles of every class and combo come here to claim that the utter uselessness of their class is making them cancel to play Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 or whatever?

No.

2) What makes a bunch of clearly literate people act so unbelievably stupid as to not notice that every other class is complaining about being useless and terrible? Are they genuinely not cognizant that they've devolved into sad clown comedy?

They want a reaction. By giving them one, people prod them on.

Hello all,

We ask that topics be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community members themselves. We are going to close this thread, but please do feel free to join in on discussions about specific game-related topics.