Can't wait for all the FOTM Marauders to hit 50

jitsuo

you smoking rocks if u think a focus marauder will be better than a focus guardian before or after the patch.

maybe if you hadn't pointed out that "guard and taunt" were reasons why someone would want to dps as a guardian/juggernaut?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PT/vanguard can take out mara/sents, it's not as easy as a tank assassin but it's certainly doable.

Marauders have all the tools to take out a PT/Vanguard. Obsfucate kills RS, might hurt RP but I'm not 100% sure, and dots bleed them dry. PT's are very squishy, so missing 1-2 RS's hurts a LOT. PT's have a LOT of frontload burst but Marauders negate it very well. From my personal experience, Marauders eat PT's and Vanguards alive.

I may be skeptical, but I am very open to be proven wrong.

EDIT: And of course Snipers can kill us, they're our hard counter.

Edited by jitsuo

I always love posts like OP's. How about instead of pretending you are good enough to call others bad you offer advice seeing as A. A large portion of the people you are saying are bad you will be teamed with B. People like you never mention that the only reason you pull good numbers is due to the fact you run healer stack premades.

Hate to burst your bubble but until you post vids of how good you are without healers holding your hands against pugs anything you say is invalid.

i love how you people think this game takes any skill at all.

"yo bro, my rotation is about as optimal as it gets"

lol. this game is a joke, and so are most of you.

I pwn joo noobs. Look at my shhheezzznits, joo noobs. I rol' me facee in me keybord n pew pew, noobz dyee likz thiz. I ma profezzional ethugging this fooorumm biiiznnnatthhcces......

Edited by xxdragonragexx

PT/vanguard can take out mara/sents, it's not as easy as is for say a tank assassin but it's certainly doable. Big issue for the PT/Vanguard is they won't be running away once the fight starts.

I've seen some pretty good juggs/guards take down mara/sents and snipers/gunslinger can do it as well.

buahaha trolling? snipers beat mara? roll fire dots->choke ambush->usually theyll trinket because the fire ticks with choke is decent dmg->awe next ambush->force camo next ambush. result them dead and you near full hp since ambush is their only dmg and has ridiclous long cast bar. pacify if they dont trinket force choke 2 ez.

Edited by warkat

buahaha trolling? snipers beat mara? roll fire dots->choke ambush->usually theyll trinket because the fire ticks with choke is decent dmg->awe next ambush->force camo next ambush. result them dead and you near full hp since ambush is their only dmg and has ridiclous long cast bar.

I see you've never gone against a good sniper as a Mara. Trust me, now that the FOTM is Mara, everyone is gonna learn this. Good Snipers will beat Good Marauders 100% of the time, I would bet my account on this.

Marauders have all the tools to take out a PT/Vanguard. Obsfucate kills RS, might hurt RP but I'm not 100% sure, and dots bleed them dry. PT's are very squishy, so missing 1-2 RS's hurts a LOT. PT's have a LOT of frontload burst but Marauders negate it very well. From my personal experience, Marauders eat PT's and Vanguards alive.

I may be skeptical, but I am very open to be proven wrong.

It's a matter of timing and admittedly a bit of luck.

Does a mara/sent have all the tools to take down a PT/Van? Yes, but it's not impossible for the PT/Van to take down the mara/sent either.

Course with the change to rail shot procs with the coming patch things will probably be much harder so there will be no chance at all for back to back procs anymore.

It's a matter of timing and admittedly a bit of luck.

Does a mara/sent have all the tools to take down a PT/Van? Yes, but it's not impossible for the PT/Van to take down the mara/sent either.

Course with the change to rail shot procs with the coming patch things will probably be much harder so there will be no chance at all for back to back procs anymore.

Well of course it's not impossible. Technically Locks were able to kill Sub Rogues and Arms Warriors during TBC, but that didn't change the fact that those two classes countered an Affli lock.

Problem with PT/Vanguards is the insane amount of RNG they have.

Edited by jitsuo

I see you've never gone against a good sniper as a Mara. Trust me, now that the FOTM is Mara, everyone is gonna learn this. Good Snipers will beat Good Marauders 100% of the time, I would bet my account on this.

This.

Sniper/Gunslinger has all the tools needed to shut down a mara/sent.

The conditions for Watchman to get there require the application of multiple stacks over a longer time frame than the 4.5-6 second snapshot your taking. Maybe if you freeze frame the end of a fight that's been going on for a while with a Watchman, you can call that Burst, but when you consider what it takes to get there in terms of Juyo stacks, Overload Saber stacks, Cauterize refreshes, Merciless buffs, I still disagree with you.

You have a right to be wrong. That's fine.

The reason you would carry an Overload Saber is solely for the 6 second burst. It takes no time to get Juyo stacks up and they don't disappear when you switch targets. Your point here is totally irrelevant.

Watchman (the popular spec) Sentinels kill you with patience and a slow burning death, maybe I'm just too stubborn but I'll never consider that burst. I'm not saying it's weak, but I think your view of the average Marauder/Sentinel's burst is not taking into account what it takes them to get there.

I have a 50 Sentinel, I know it's the popular spec. You are grossly incorrect about a "slow" burning death. 3 stack Overload Saber crits break 2k in good damage. It's a 3 tick dot that ticks at T-0, T-3 and T-6. It refreshes every application.

In a 6 second window, get get a single 1 stack tick, a single 2 stack tick, and two 3 stack ticks (both of the 3 stacks crit if you timed your Zen correctly). We're looking at 5k damage minimum here that ignores armor. Cauterize is going to add what... around another 2k to this time frame. We're up at 7k, most of which ignores armor. If you say that adding in Merc Slash, Slash, and Strike to that isn't burst... God help us for when someone hits your "burst" value.

I totally agree though, with all those conditions met, your DoT ticks and Merc Slash/Dispatch if you get them low enough could add up to a tremendous amount of damage in 4.5-6 seconds.

never gone against good mara? my guild <Jedi Academy> on DWC has all premades on farm I've faced the half rakata/bM snipers that will truck people but if u 1v1 them right its always an easy kill we have too many counters for ambush the cast bar is to long i didn't even throw in transcendence to run behind pillars either:rolleyes:

Saber ward

You owe me your account.

This kid doesn't know that saber ward makes a sniper's screen spam nothing but deflect...kid is obviously trolling or very bad.

I like how you call me kid, it makes me feel all good ;)

Seriously, if you can't beat a Marauder as a Sniper, you're terrible.

For the record, Assault / Pyro Vanguards / Powertechs absolutely Annihilate Sentinels / Marauders... well... provided there's a nice pillar or box or other obstruction we can make it to quickly.

Only Combat / Carnage has a prayer.

Edited by Coramac

I like how you call me kid, it makes me feel all good ;)

Seriously, if you can't beat a Marauder as a Sniper, you're terrible.

All the bad snipers out there are ruining our rep

Edited by Somokon

you know what really sucks? most changes that BW will implement to classes based on player feedback will be all screwed up cause MOST of you have no idea how to play your class. how do i know this? cause noone can beat me 1 on 1 regaurdless of what class i play and what class im playing against. BW, your game will fail if you keep listening to the majority of your players... who are almost totaly clueless.

For the record, Assault / Pyro Vanguards / Powertechs absolutely Annihilate Sentinels / Marauders... well... provided there's a nice pillar or box or other obstruction we can make it to quickly.

Only Combat / Carnage has a prayer.

Please, enlighten me as to how

Seriously, I haven't met a Vanguard/PT that can "Annihilate" me. If there is a way, tell me how, because I would love to know it.

I have a Pyro Powertech, I also have a Marauder i'm leveling, There isn't a huge skill difference in actual Rotation of Attacks.

what makes Marauders "harder" to play is they have more defensive cooldowns they can pop to save themselves..

Which in the end, makes the class more Easy mode to play.

If you want an actual difficult class to do well with in pvp, you play a sniper, which is sad, because doing well with a Sniper doesn't offer any remote advantage over doing well over any other class, It's just more work required to be equal to those classes.

I have a Pyro Powertech, I also have a Marauder i'm leveling, There isn't a huge skill difference in actual Rotation of Attacks.

what makes Marauders "harder" to play is they have more defensive cooldowns they can pop to save themselves..

Which in the end, makes the class more Easy mode to play.

If you want an actual difficult class to do well with in pvp, you play a sniper, which is sad, because doing well with a Sniper doesn't offer any remote advantage over doing well over any other class, It's just more work required to be equal to those classes.

This is justifiable, opinions are opinions. Snipers definitely seem tough to play but they can pump out some radical damage.

Loving that join date btw.

Saber ward

You owe me your account.

Saber Ward definitely makes the fight a lot harder, but Flashbang and Debilitate go a long way in outlasting the cooldown. Flashbang by itself lasts 8 seconds if you don't break it early.

In the end, I'd say a Marksman Sniper who actually knows the Marauder class is gonna wreck them in straight up 1v1's. The combinations of a 12s CD root allows for a free 5s of re-positioning, knockbacks from Ambush and Cover Pulse allow for gap-widening, Ballistic Dampers, Dodge and Diversion allow for insane mitigation against Marauders specifically, and lastly being able to set up on-demand burst to chunk the last quarter of a Marauder's HP takes away any hope of Undying Rage. This doesn't even include lulzy tactics like using Orbital Strike and setting up cover right under it.

I kind of have a secret agenda on my sniper alt. I'm singling out and targeting every marauder/sentinel I find in warzones and proceeding to roflstomp them in the hopes that they'll give up and re-roll again. All in good fun, of course.

Please, enlighten me as to how

Seriously, I haven't met a Vanguard/PT that can "Annihilate" me. If there is a way, tell me how, because I would love to know it.

I pillar hump you to death? Stuns will get me out of the first root with minimal damage, Degauss will take care of the 0 minimum range root on the second leap or snare if I've screwed things up.

If it's in the open, all we can do is pray you don't have your trinket up and we get big burst while your stunned before you can activate GbtF (or whatever it's equivilent is).

Since switching to Tactics, it's been faily easy too, but I have to play it safer without have an easy ranged snare.

I pillar hump you to death? Stuns will get me out of the first root with minimal damage, Degauss will take care of the 0 minimum range root on the second leap or snare if I've screwed things up.

If it's in the open, all we can do is pray you don't have your trinket up and we get big burst while your stunned before you can activate GbtF (or whatever it's equivilent is).

Since switching to Tactics, it's been faily easy too, but I have to play it safer without have an easy ranged snare.

I would feel that a spammable 50% snare would stop the pillar humping. Even if De-Gauss takes off my Snare it's easily re-applied. I can Charge every 12s, you can't De-gauss that fast. It's just as easy for me to pillar hump until Charge is back, apply a snare, and work on you from close range.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.